• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OEM Or Fake IH Lens On Ebay

I'm slightly torn on them - my "wearing" pair could use new lenses and rubbers but if I got hold of them, I don't know whether I'd actually do that or use them to put a carbon IH together...

Long before I paid $150 for a set of etched violets I would ask X Metal Manic if he would chop and etch me a set. Then I'd send the difference to the IH foundation.
That having been said I know the seller and have worked with him in the past. 100% legit. I'm curious how they got them out of warranty/service as well- I doubt that they came from a retailer as represented since these lenses were not available through OCP. Another SoCal exclusive...

Can XMM etch?
I can't speak for him but I thought that I had seen some members post customs with his chops with etching. I'm probably mistaken about the etching, I've seen so many violet chops on customs here.

Last edited:
I can't speak for him but I thought that I had seen some members post customs with his chops with etching. I'm probably mistaken about the etching, I've seen so many violet chops on customs here.
He was able to save the cross etching on a IH Split Jacket lens that he cut for my XS, but i believe the only etcher we had here on the forum was Edsjunk, and I don't think he is doing it anymore.

150 bit too much for lenses,but hey Ive seen the ichiro emeralds fetch for 180. I can get the violets from hero for 100. I guess if the cross sign is all that important 150 is reasonable ebay price the seller has to pay fees as usual.

Latest Posts

Back