• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hi there

Just bought myself a pair of Oakley Radars. It would be great if someone could clarify if these are real or fake. Here's some pics:

2342354.JPG

24353145647534.JPG

There's a bit of play on both sides where the lens meets the stem. Shown here by the arrow. Is that just a sign of normal tear and wear - or maybe a sign that it might be fake?
2543532.JPG

Says "MADE IN U.S.A." and "CE"
32534524.JPG

Left side ear sock says: "Radar" and stem says: "09-670 136" (which seems correct if you check O-review). By the way, the "09-670" seems to be the model number, but what does the "136" refer to?
IMG_0153.JPG

43564542.JPG

Inside box has a sticker that states: "Case made in China"...that really made me unsure :S
32645314.JPG

Same goes for the cloth bag
24353435452.JPG

24353356423.JPG

Would really appreciate any help :)

/Hess

Just bought myself a pair of Oakley Radars. It would be great if someone could clarify if these are real or fake. Here's some pics:
There's a bit of play on both sides where the lens meets the stem. Shown here by the arrow. Is that just a sign of normal tear and wear - or maybe a sign that it might be fake?
Left side ear sock says: "Radar" and stem says: "09-670 136" (which seems correct if you check O-review). By the way, the "09-670" seems to be the model number, but what does the "136" refer to?
Inside box has a sticker that states: "Case made in China"...that really made me unsure :S
Same goes for the cloth bag
These appear to be legit and if they check out on O-Review, then they generally are the real deal. Counterfeiters don't go into too much detail when applying the correct SKU.
The 136 refers to the temple length. From the orbital back towards the end of the ear stem tip = 136mm
The soft vaults & microfiber bags are manufactured in China so don't be too concerned that this is a dead giveaway of a fake. There are other tell tale signs, but in your case everything checks out.

The play at the end of the lens is normal. I only have two pairs of Radars (brand-new & unworn) and both demonstrate the same attribute as what you're describing.

Ok. Great. Thank you for clearing that up.

I found it annoying so I stuck a small piece of black rubber in there. Now it sits nice and thight.

Is there a way to tell if Oakley Fuel Cell Lenses are Authentic Oakley?

Yeah - you buy them from Oakley... :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist... Oakley does not put markings on their lenses to distinguish them from aftermarkets - you just have to learn your stuff... Plenty of info already here on this forum, just gotta use the right search string.

Yeah - you buy them from Oakley... :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist... Oakley does not put markings on their lenses to distinguish them from aftermarkets - you just have to learn your stuff... Plenty of info already here on this forum, just gotta use the right search string.

Ok you got me. ha. Thanks. Yeah i searched around before I asked about the lenses. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Thanks

Back