• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
The put the P on for polarized, and they used to put an H on for hydrophobic.

The P sticker displaces "Poalrized" etching in certain pairs. Or it did. Easier for people to pick out polarized pairs among the sea of sunglasses sitting on a retailer's shelves.

Does anyone know abut the "P" sticker on the lenses of a polarized pair of oakleys? I always thought that Oakley NEVER put any stickers on their lenses
Pfffake!

Latverian for fake... Jim Jennard is of Latverian origin ... Fraudulent frame producers out it on their lenses as a homage to the greatest man to ever come out of Latvia.... Besides Dr. Doom of course ;)

Source: The Onion

The put the P on for polarized, and they used to put an H on for hydrophobic.

The P sticker displaces "Poalrized" etching in certain pairs. Or it did. Easier for people to pick out polarized pairs among the sea of sunglasses sitting on a retailer's shelves.
I always read that they never put stickers on their lenses. It must have happened over the past few years. thanks for the info

I called Oakley and they said they only make a very small batch with the sticker. usually customs or special editions that already have etching in the sport where they usually say polarized

I'm not expert on Jupiter Squared glasses, but given the high number and percentage of feedback on those listings and lack of obvious fake signs, I'd say they're good to go.

The sticker thing is common for fakes. They'll have actual "Oakley" stickers, O icon logos, UV rating stickers, etc. Those are fakes. Oakley's been using the H sticker for a few years, but stopped not too long ago. The P sticker showed up in 2013 I think. At the same time they stopped etching some lenses. I don't know if that practice is still in place, but the sticker comes on Pit Boss II, Frogskins, and most other polarized pairs I've seen in the last year or two.

I just really do not know which way to go. Oakley says very limited have used the sticker.
I'm guessing whoever you spoke to at Oakley has NO IDEA what they are talking about....maybe they are a very new employee or have only been there a little while but the P sticker is not just for limited editions that have polarized lenses. Oakley has been putting them on a LOT of their lenses that are polarized including standard frames and the limited edition items. For example, Fuel Cells, Batwolfs, Offshoots, Big Taco. Frames from the mens line AND the womens line HAVE the P sticker on them.

I'm looking at people here telling you the same thing and you are still doubting them. In my opinion the people who are advising you here know MORE than most O employees that you would speak to. I think you would benefit from listening to what they have said to you.

Also, instead of eBay, why don't you attempt to purchase from someone on this forum or better yet an actual O store or authorized Oakley dealer??? This way you won't be stressing out and going crazy about being concerned if you have purchased or are going to purchase a fake.

I've seen the Jupiter squared vr46 version, both authentic & fake ones. I've noticed that the authentics have the "VR46" etched on the lens, while the fake ones have the word "POLARIZED" on it or sometimes VR46 but kindda thinner. Plus the usual differences in the rubber, plastic & lens.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back