• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I just got a Penny without a serial number. It is a polished frame with black iridium lenses. Anyone know anything?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412808214.202576.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412808237.686189.jpg

Looks legit, from what can be seen in those pics. Is the inside of the nosebridge screws or rivets?
Actually, they're authentic. I got them in today. Everything checks out. I was worried because they have no serial number, but they check out as authentic. I guess its either a warranty frame or a re-release.

eBay item number:
151433516922 seller bmcaps

Did some cross checking about the seller and emailed him......no response, shocker. I have a couple pairs of Juliets Id like to get some extra lenses for, and this seller has numerous auctions for lenses that they say are "etched" I blew up one of the pictures and they look like they were engraved with a dremel or some other type of tool, def not laser etching. But I am not sure, what do you think?

The number of auctions for lenses and glasses, no original boxes or paperwork, and no response to my email are huge red flags to me.

Hard to tell in my opinion, I bought a pair from him, the edging looks fine. The seller has got 97 other Oakley items for sale on eBay, the pair of IH lenses I bought from him fit my Juliet frames just a little lose, I wonder if anyone knows a foolproof way to tell if they are original.

I cant tell either, but I am staying away...who really has all those extra lenses to sell? In my email I asked the history of how they acquired all those lenses and why they did not have any original boxes or paperwork......zero response.

So I am inclined to believe they are fake......if you wear yours often, let me know if the tints or lens colors start to peel or fade.

Latest Posts

Back