• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Ok who's willing to give me a smoking deal on a IH Juliet, 24k juliet or tio2 juliet?

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
While it is everyone's prerogative to "do what they will" with their newly acquired piece, it kinda rubs one (me) adversely I have to admit. Getting a nice pair at a GREAT price (good deal) is part of the pleasure of collecting. I will never understand the purpose of flipping a much desired collector's item, especially within the forum.

David

I agree @CarGuy gave me an amazing deal... It would be a crime to turn around and sell them for a profit off his generosity. I also hope that this community would also regulate BS like that. With that being said, I dont think they're is anything wrong with getting a good deal on something then possibly using it as a trade to get something better. For ex. someone gives you an infinite hero juliet for 500. then a week late you trade the Infinite hero juliet for a 24k juliet plus cash. YES the dude got a killer deal on the IH juliet but then he traded up. I dont really see that as a crime. If he were to try and sell the IH juliet thats a different story. Agree disagree? maybe PM me, so you dont spam the thread.

Some people reacted to this post.
Oh sure. It's never a "crime" when you are the one benefitting ;)
All too often ( I'm not saying always) in my short time on this forum I've come across people more interested in making a trade that leaves them up than making any effort to make the trade a fair one. I strive for what's fair and not ready to immediately dive in at any opportunity to gain at someone's "expense". Just my two cents from what I've seen personally.

I have had members here try to flip an item for a profit they didn't even own. Ex. I am looking for a xx. They know a person that has an xx. They ask me what's the most I'm willing to pay? First of all I don't like to deal that way. If you have xx tell me what you want for it of I think it's s good deal I will buy it
Getting back to the deal. Now the guy offering xx is in the background talking to another member about buying his xx. He low balled the guy selling and high balled me so that the difference in price had I bought this 500 pair of glasses had a mark up of nearly 50% over what I could have paid buying directly from the original seller. What he didn't know is I already knew about the original seller selling his pair and here is the best part when I inquired about the glasses to the original seller he said that were sold pending funds from a member (who was the flipper) I told him ok I will check back in a week to allow the seller to honor his arrangement. When the flipper got back to me I told him he wanted to much and I wasn't interested I dropped it. A week later I contacted the original seller to get an update and he said. Oh that guy backed out of the deal. Wow with members like this flipper who needs enemies

Username Hidden said:
I have had members here try to flip an item for a profit they didn't even own. Ex. I am looking for a xx. They know a person that has an xx. They ask me what's the most I'm willing to pay? First of all I don't like to deal that way. If you have xx tell me what you want for it of I think it's s good deal I will buy it
Getting back to the deal. Now the guy offering xx is in the background talking to another member about buying his xx. He low balled the guy selling and high balled me so that the difference in price had I bought this 500 pair of glasses had a mark up of nearly 50% over what I could have paid buying directly from the original seller. What he didn't know is I already knew about the original seller selling his pair and here is the best part when I inquired about the glasses to the original seller he said that were sold pending funds from a member (who was the flipper) I told him ok I will check back in a week to allow the seller to honor his arrangement. When the flipper got back to me I told him he wanted to much and I wasn't interested I dropped it. A week later I contacted the original seller to get an update and he said. Oh that guy backed out of the deal. Wow with members like this flipper who needs enemies
Thanks for sharing this, lawman, and educating everyone.

Username Hidden said:
Thanks for sharing this, lawman, and educating everyone.
My pleasure

we should move this to the x-metal discussion section because there could be some good stories to come out of this thread. I have two myself!!! lol.

New thread started

Username Hidden said:
It seems like whenever I give somebody a good deal I wind up seeing the pair in the exchange. :(
I bought my Ti02 pair back from you....then sold em again..now I need to buy em back again.its a sickness

Username Hidden said:
It seems like whenever I give somebody a good deal I wind up seeing the pair in the exchange. :(
Won't be me

Not rigth...

Status
Not open for further replies.