• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Only TWO Oaks.

Matte CF RadarLocks with the 30YS Fire Iridium Path Lens.....

Aluminum Radar with the BIP Path Lens....

Someone told a story on here (i think) about how they took a pair of metals with them through a metal detector. He forgot to take them off his head and security flagged them and made him put them in the little tray for coins, wallet, watch, phone, etc. He had asked if he could put them in the protective microbag first, but TSA refused and gave him a hard time about it. I forget exactly how the story goes but the end result was a pair of Juliets(?) with some scratched lenses and a complaint to TSA with a response of basically, "prove we scratched them, otherwise F off".

Since i read that, i fear for the safety of my glasses given the level of competence TSA has. I only bring one pair and always bring my X Metal soft vault and put whatever pair i happened to bring with me in them and the whole thing in my backpack when i go through security.

It's usually either Flak Jackets or Fives 3.0 - My two beater pairs.
My sunnies are ALWAYS already off my my head and in the bag inside my carry on before going through security. Always - and I've never had a problem.

My choice used to be a pair of vintage Wires and a Juliet.
Next time will be a Cerakote cobalt Gascan/BIP and my Xman "TiR2"/cc chrome. ( an R2 turned into a TiO2 style finish) :)

Good suggestions, especially regarding the thugs @ TSA!
After careful consideration, significant dithering, and several changes of mind, I think I'll go with the Split Jacket polished black/silver ghost, with both a warm grey and 40% +red vented lense.
Second; A-wire, ruby polarized, 'cause I'm a wired kind of guy...

Thanks all for your contributions!

My two are polished RB Split Jacket/OObip and an aluminum Radar with range lenses.

Back