• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading Or sale oakley x metal XX gold (damage)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
$120 my offer to rhis XX frame... i had an experienced using file to cut the pin out of juliet. I may do this trick again....

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Not really true exactly. If the tip of the pin is ground off flush with the nose the pin is still in the outside of the nose. But regardless the ribbed portion of the pins is what locks the pin into the backside of the nose. Mars leathers the nose pins are ground flush from factory so it doesn't leave a bump under the leather But also the early frames didn't use the ribbed design. They were a straight pin same diameter the whole length and were also slightly shorter than the later pins. I'm guessing because Mars was the second frame to be released which the nose is slightly thinner than later releases and they used the same pin design until they ran out and re designed them. But I'm rambling now lol. Either way the damage is mostly cosmetic really and possibly could be repaired
Haha, you said "ribbed design"! :lol:

Username Hidden said:
$120 my offer to rhis XX frame... i had an experienced using file to cut the pin out of juliet. I may do this trick again....
No more offers... got several offers is the $250-$280 range as well as some good trade offers, checking on some shipping now for someone and if I find a nose bridge I would just buy it/paint it and install it... thanks to all again and again sorry I didn't follow protocol

Username Hidden said:
Dude, whatever you are smoking, you need to get me some.

Username Hidden said:
I will take some ;-)

Username Hidden said:

He’s buy low, sell high type of guy. Check recent posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.