• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading Or sale oakley x metal XX gold (damage)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry call the X-Man

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Last updated; it has been pointed out that apperently according to the rules I am obligated to take the first offer in trade or sale... if I knew how to lock a thread I would, I'm out, will take another path
View attachment 438375

I think the issue is you put wording that these frames were for trade OR sale in this ad and your first ad. Then your price was $280 before the damage...of course people jumped on them as that is a good price. But now they’re damaged and you’re kind of doing the same things AND you still state “or sale”. (And your price is higher now once someone asked what price since you said “or sale”. If you see almost all other trade ads, they state “trade only”.
I think people are just thinking you are almost leading them on...my advice is to close this thread. (Click the edit title at the top right, at least on a PC) Then contact X Man or Zach or any of the other builders and see if it can be repaired.
There are a lot of really good people on this forum who will help you...

Username Hidden said:
I think the issue is you put wording that these frames were for trade OR sale in this ad and your first ad. Then your price was $280 before the damage...of course people jumped on them as that is a good price. But now they’re damaged and you’re kind of doing the same things AND you still state “or sale”. (And your price is higher now once someone asked what price since you said “or sale”. If you see almost all other trade ads, they state “trade only”.
I think people are just thinking you are almost leading them on...my advice is to close this thread. (Click the edit title at the top right, at least on a PC) Then contact X Man or Zach or any of the other builders and see if it can be repaired.
There are a lot of really good people on this forum who will help you...
Thanks and I appreciate... even my first post was tagged for "trade" always maintained I preferred a trade and actually excepted a few trade offers the first time and they never came through or even responded again which is why I decided to replace lenses and couplers... if I could wear an XX I would keep them, I wasn't fully aware of the rules, I wasn't really wanting $300 I was just informed I needed to put a price... if I got a good trade I would be thrilled or even a sale, I honestly just didn't want to jump on the first offer within 2 mins of posting... thanks again and I'm learning the site better, thought these would be great for someone who could repair or even had a nose bridge to use, I know ultimately my price was about the same but I added rubber/lenses so thought it was a place to start... again I appreciate it

As long as the back of the nose bridge isn't damaged the nose should hold a pin in securely. As the back side of the nose is what the pin locks against with the ribbed portion. Could probably be able to straighten out the outside of the nose somewhat as well to a certain extent as long as it didn't crack.

Username Hidden said:
As long as the back of the nose bridge isn't damaged the nose should hold a pin in securely. As the back side of the nose is what the pin locks against with the ribbed portion. Could probably be able to straighten out the outside of the nose somewhat as well to a certain extent as long as it didn't crack.

No cracks at all and pin still pops in

Username Hidden said:
No cracks at all and pin still pops in
And thank you

I have an extra 24k XX nose bridge I'd consider selling. Also have a bone plasma Juliet (needs tune up) I'd trade for your XX without the lenses and as is.

Username Hidden said:
ouch, once that titanium bends out there's not much that can be done. You can try to crimp down the hole edges but it the channel is expanded the pins wont stay in.
That is not true, only the back holes whre the pins go in are responsible for holding the pin in place. The X man proved this when he sanded down the front of the pins on a juliet one time and made the front of the bridge look flush. The damage to this frame is purely cosmetic as long as the holes in the back of the bridge weren't damaged.

Username Hidden said:
That is not true, only the back holes whre the pins go in are responsible for holding the pin in place. The X man proved this when he sanded down the front of the pins on a juliet one time and made the front of the bridge look flush. The damage to this frame is purely cosmetic as long as the holes in the back of the bridge weren't damaged.
Not really true exactly. If the tip of the pin is ground off flush with the nose the pin is still in the outside of the nose. But regardless the ribbed portion of the pins is what locks the pin into the backside of the nose. Mars leathers the nose pins are ground flush from factory so it doesn't leave a bump under the leather But also the early frames didn't use the ribbed design. They were a straight pin same diameter the whole length and were also slightly shorter than the later pins. I'm guessing because Mars was the second frame to be released which the nose is slightly thinner than later releases and they used the same pin design until they ran out and re designed them. But I'm rambling now lol. Either way the damage is mostly cosmetic really and possibly could be repaired

Status
Not open for further replies.