• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Original Flaks vs Flak 2.0s

The Dark Gnat

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Both seem to fit me well, so which way would you lean to purchase knowing that both fit well?

I have both and both fit similarly well. That being said, I imagine Oakley will be phasing out the first generation and its replacement lenses, rubber etc. so in that regard I would go with the 2.0. There are so few differences between the two versions other than minor esthetics.
I find that the 2.0 fits a little better under a hat due to the slimmer earstems.
You can build custom 2.0s.
Lens availability is kind on hit or miss on the new ones right now, probably just due to demand.

Hope that helps.:idk:

Loved the Flak 1.0. But the Flak 2.0 is my favorite frame and the most comfortable. Slightly larger and stems are more flexible, which works well for my big head. I find myself wearing my four Flak 2.0 frames almost exclusively lately, with the matte black PB2 mixed in. Plus, so many great color combos and ways to customize.

I would get the "1.0" frame, lenses, and some spare rubber while you still can. Much better looking than the 2.0, and even though the Flak is an O staple, I doubt they will keep the old version around for much longer now that the 2 is out.

It makes me sad that flaks are so liked by the fans yet they dont fit me correctly :(

Andddddddd now that I've posted here...

*Waits for thread to be locked*

You can just call me Becca The Thread Destroyer

It makes me sad that flaks are so liked by the fans yet they dont fit me correctly :(

Andddddddd now that I've posted here...

*Waits for thread to be locked*

You can just call me Becca The Thread Destroyer
Becca have you tried the old Flak Jacket?

Latest Posts

Back