• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Penny Bridge Repair Still Available In Australia

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Thanks to some other posts here I contacted Oakley Australia about a tune-up.
I got an email in response that they could repair the flex coupler but no rubbers.
I don't need rubbers but sure do need the nose job.
Awesome!

well earsocks are from the juliet anyway so no biggie if you still got your nosebombs.. i got a stash

BriP, hoped that you would weigh-in and hoped that you would not tell me that they were mistaken.

I stripped the lenses and earsocks in case they were non-Oakley- really pissed me off last week when I got a pair of XM XX's back from an aborted tune-up due to non-OE lenses. Shipping from the US to Australia and back for nought would have made me blow a (orbital) gasket!
It sure would have been nice if I had been advised of this in advance that they won't touch a pair with non-OE components. Not that I would not do that either if it were my company but I would make it a point to advise folks of my mandate up-front.

thats weird, i sent in my x-metal XX with aftermarket lenses so my originals wouldnt get scratched, no issue. the customer service guy listed it as plain "black iridium" though which may have convinced the hq technicians to do the tune. save your rubbers, send the frame is safest bet. good luck

thats weird, i sent in my x-metal XX with aftermarket lenses so my originals wouldnt get scratched, no issue.

Probably a different protocol down under than at HQ!

Back