1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. 96.SVT.COBRA

96.SVT.COBRA Oakley Enthusiast

I have been talking with the previous owner for almost 2 months about the case. Distance between us and price were a few of the sticking points for each of us. We managed to keep in contact with each other and we were able to come together on a fair agreement and I now have my 2nd case! Here is a teaser pic as I still have some assembling to do but you can probably guess what case it is from the picture:

Picked up a new case over the weekend - IMG_0153_zpszjuknaej.jpg

Plenty of questions I will need advice on with the lighting but that will have to wait till I get the actual case assembled. More pics to come!

ChaseU and GRFMotorsports like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Nice aluminum double wide! the lights look cool

3. ChaseU

ChaseU Oakley Beginner

Those lights, as I'm sure most know, are from the O Stores. They're by a company called Cooper Crouse-Hinds and are explosion proofs, industrial grade. Very pricey and totally legit!

Nortika likes this.
  4. 96.SVT.COBRA

Yep an X-Metal double wide. I feel like I am missing a couple of pieces but the main items are there. Just some nuts/bolts I'm missing.

They are heavy as hell that's for sure! I won't be installing them right away as I may try to retro fit some LED bulbs along with hopefully making it into a 3 prong to plug straight into the wall.

5. 96.SVT.COBRA

Here's the start of filling it up! Got a couple pieces out to the X-Man that should be back in the mail soon and that will fill up the top shelf a bit more. I got more pieces I want to add but the case purchase will set that timetable back a little bit

Picked up a new case over the weekend - IMG_0154_zps66zzxtlu.jpg

YakuzaFloralGangsta and thisguy like this.
  6. ChaseU

ChaseU Oakley Beginner

Looks great! Yes, those lights are heavy indeed. The anchors you have for them in your picture definitely need to be mounted in a wall stud or ceiling joist to support their weight depending on how you install them.

96.SVT.COBRA likes this.
  7. 96.SVT.COBRA

Good to know that's what those are for! I knew it was for the lights somehow but that makes alot of sense. There is a hoop/loop on the wiring for the lights, is that what actually holds it to the ceiling?

8. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Very cool setup!

9. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Congratulations! Persistence pays off. It looks good so far with the collection in it.

10. ChaseU

ChaseU Oakley Beginner

Yes indeed, that braided loom with the loops is designed to work with the hook to suspend the pendant light.