1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Pit Bosses - Overpriced? - pitboss_header_5.jpg

I've been thinking about this for awhile and call me crazy but does the Pit Boss seem overpriced? For $595 (retail) you get an O-Matter frame with titanium plates, polarized lenses and an added AR coating. You also get a nice display box and packaging with it. And then there's the (supposedly) limited production numbers. But does this warrant the high price? I know it's a part of the Elite collection, but honestly I feel it shouldn't be as expensive as an X-Metal but maybe around the same price.

Does anyone feel the same way?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

Yeah I think the MSRP is a bad joke. That's why I won't pay it. Also, they're just not very interesting glasses. Flashy isn't the word I'm looking for but when you see them, they're not special looking. X-metals do a better job of looking the part.

3. HDOakley

HDOakley Oakley Enthusiast

i would love one but the price stops me. But I agree, they seem overpriced to me.

4. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

Same, as much as I want one, if I lost them id probably cry.

5. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

YEP. Well over priced but i love mine & wouldn't be without it. Then again you wanna be in the UK paying our full retail, glad I got mine in Orlando 20 months ago.

6. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

Tried one on in Atlanta, but damn, I am not going to spend my rent on sunglasses! They felt nice!

7. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

I (after some hassle...) got a NIB pair for $380. Either you have the best rent ever or you can find them cheaper than you think.

8. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

You think retail there is bad? Try Australia. We're paying $895.00 retail. Which equates to $940 USD with the current exchange rate. Now that's robbery.

Are they worth $595USD? Nope. $395 is more appropriate I feel. That being said, I have a pair and love them to bits. I was fortunate enough to pay about $350AUD delivered some years ago for mine for a brand new pair. A price I felt was fair and they're worth that to me.

I'd love a Polished Black/Gunmetal VR28 version, but won't be paying retail. Under $400USD and I'd buy one.

9. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

Beyond ridiculous.

10. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

Overpriced.