• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pitchman discontinued?

s4v8

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

New member here and I thought I had found the perfect set of RX frames for me but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Pitchman Low Bridge (Satin Black)
OX8096-0155

My optometrist says backordered and it could be months. I chatted with Oakley support and they are saying discontinued.

Has anyone picked up a pair recently?

Your last resort if nothing pans out is to look on selling platforms like Mercari, Depop, Poshmark or eBay. There is so many selling platforms that I didn’t even mention. Good luck on your search.

Thank you.

I stopped by the local LensCrafters and it's available to order in their system but no guarantees that the order will be squashed next week. It's possible that LensCrafters has more control over the inventory than my local optometrist

I do see some on Ebay but I can't tell if they are legit/fake.

An update on my search for the elusive Pitchman

Stopped by Pearle Vision. They see that it's backordered as well. The rep that was helping me told me that it usually means that they will have to come from Italy and could take 1-3 weeks Lenscrafters also mentioned 1-3 weeks. Pearle will be calling Oakley direct and confirming status.

Lenscrafters is $229 for frame alone, does not accept VSP
Pearle is $389 frame only, does accept VSP., i have $200 allowance with 20% on overage.
Oakley Direct is $229,

Another option I was thinking about was getting them on Ebay and getting the lenses from Costco. Does Costco labs do good work if they even let me bring my own frames?

Luxxotica really doesn't make it easy for me to save some pennies.

Just buy the pitchman and add the Asian fit nose pads. That's what id do. They may be identical in every other way as long as you order the same size

Thanks Chris

I dont know if Oakley specs have a typo or not. It seems that the Low Bridge XL is unique? I guess it's close enough.

Low Bridge XL (only one size)
Lens Height 35.1 mm
Frame Width 138.5 mm
Arm Length 140 mm
Lens Width 55 mm
Bridge Width 18 mm

High Bridge XL
Lens Height 35 mm
Frame Width 139 mm
Arm Length 140 mm
Lens Width 53 mm
Bridge Width 18 mm

High Bridge XXL
Lens Height 35.3 mm
Frame Width 143 mm
Arm Length 140 mm
Lens Width 54.9 mm
Bridge Width 18 mm

Search is over. Found one at the shop where I had my eyes examined. It's the high bridge version but fit me fine.

Polished Gray Smoke with the blue arms. Not my original choice but it works for me and the price was right.

(sorry not sure if I'm taggin correctly)
@Chris A Hardaway
I don't think I will be needing the Asian fit nosepads but are they easily replaceable and universal height across all frame sizes?

Good move good color @s4v8
If you got the 55mm size high bridge xxl version adding nose pads they'd be the same.

But yes easy to replace the nose pads to Asian ones

Got the Pitchman high bridge XXL in today and they are amazing. No adjustments needed, and fits nicely on the bridge. Best fitting frames that I've had. I came from a Prodesign Denmark metal frame with adjustable silicone nose pads and didn't think I would go back to a plastic frame again due to bad experience with fit/sliding years ago.

Pearle Vision did call the day before and said they received the low bridge version. They were nice enough to allow me to try them even though I had already ordered elsewhere. Turns out the low bridge fit doesn't work for my nose bridge/face. The nose pads seemed intrusive, and you know that they are there. The nose pads also pushed the frames a bit too high and left a gap at the bridge.

Thanks for all the help!

Latest Posts

Back