1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

Seeing a few people looking for these recently set me to wondering how many there are around,I am lucky enough to have 2 pairs ,one I bought in 2000 is serialed XP001790, the other is a "BNIB" example I bought a year back,it is serialed XP001382, to me these are relativly low numbers the other XX frames I have are all 20-25000 numbers, I also recall at least 2 pairs with sub 1000 numbers sold on ebay a while back,so I dont know of any over 1790 at the moment, do any of you have a higher numbered pair or have you seen a higher numbered pair? Both pairs I have were exported to ,and bought in Australia .
    Last edited by a moderator: 9/9/13
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Mine is XP000624, Haven't seen any here or on EBay for quit awhile. You are lucky to have 2.
  3. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

Thanks for the reply, I was very lucky to get the second pair last year, the first pair is my main wearing pair and has been since purchase13 years ago,3 tunups and quite a few lenses later its still a great pair,thanks to the info gleened here it is now sporting ice lenses cut from jawbones instead of the black that I had to resort to for a few years,my son has them on in the avatar pic just prior to cutting my first ice lenses for them.
    Krank likes this.
  4. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

That's awesome Night! That is what I call a real family heirloom.
  5. NUMBER 2

NUMBER 2 Oakley Collector

Awesome! Any interest in selling a pair?
  6. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege Premium Member

i almost bought one on ebay a few months back. ended at sub 300. I shoulda grabbed it. I think the serial was on the lower end.
    Dallas O Hog likes this.
  7. Brett28

Brett28 Here's my money, thanks

I have one with a decent number ill check when I get home later. They are definitely my favorite and most comfortable x metals, more comfortable than the r1, mainly due to the nose bombs. I'd grab another if I could!
    sharjt likes this.
  8. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

You are one persistant bloke, you cant have my old pair - I would rather sell the wife, you cant have the new pair its in my collection and its staying there.
    If I come across another pair here I will definatley buy it ,and if you are still looking you can have first option on it - ok mate?
  9. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

#704 reporting for duty!
  10. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

At ease # 704.