1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Tyrone

Tyrone Oakley Beginner

Is it worth it to get polarized lenses opposed to unpolarized ones?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. ChrisTopherloaf

ChrisTopherloaf Oakley Beginner

Here is what I noticed with polarized lenses. They're very good if you're constantly outside. Especially if you're on water. They're awesome for on a lake or near the ocean. Great optical clarity, little to no transition in perspective effects. However, where I gave mine up is where they leave a rainbow effect on car windows and especially for me, motorcycle helmet visors. It's very distracting.

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Honestly, you should try both and see which works best for you. Polarized is not for everyone.....but I personally wear polarized and don't find the rainbows on car windows bothersome.....

4. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

this

5. ChrisTopherloaf

ChrisTopherloaf Oakley Beginner

Yep, it goes without saying, YMMV. All in all it's a better lens. Just not for me!

6. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

I drive a lot and use polarized for that. Helps with the road glare.

7. Brett28

Brett28 Here's my money, thanks

I prefer polar in every lens I own, it just seems that much more clear, and is great for driving, fishing, just about everything. A full face helmet may be one exception for sure, I have yet to wear one with polar oaks.

8. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Once you wear polarized, you will never want to go back to non-polarized. It is a world of difference. You'll wonder how you ever got by without them...

9. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

If i didnt have polarized sunglasses when there is snow on the ground, i wouldnt be able to stand it.

10. Rezechs

Rezechs Oakley Enthusiast

If you're planning to buy a pair for driving i'd make sure your window doesn't have a rainbow effect they can cause in some car windows, mine doesn't do this but i can notice it in other peoples cars and it can get rather annoying.