• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polarized Vs Not Polarized

Here is what I noticed with polarized lenses. They're very good if you're constantly outside. Especially if you're on water. They're awesome for on a lake or near the ocean. Great optical clarity, little to no transition in perspective effects. However, where I gave mine up is where they leave a rainbow effect on car windows and especially for me, motorcycle helmet visors. It's very distracting.

Honestly, you should try both and see which works best for you. Polarized is not for everyone.....but I personally wear polarized and don't find the rainbows on car windows bothersome.....

I drive a lot and use polarized for that. Helps with the road glare.

I prefer polar in every lens I own, it just seems that much more clear, and is great for driving, fishing, just about everything. A full face helmet may be one exception for sure, I have yet to wear one with polar oaks.

Once you wear polarized, you will never want to go back to non-polarized. It is a world of difference. You'll wonder how you ever got by without them...

If i didnt have polarized sunglasses when there is snow on the ground, i wouldnt be able to stand it.

If you're planning to buy a pair for driving i'd make sure your window doesn't have a rainbow effect they can cause in some car windows, mine doesn't do this but i can notice it in other peoples cars and it can get rather annoying.

Latest Posts

Back