• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polish Plasma?

pupusasrock

I should Work at Oakley
USA
I have a pair of plasma frames that are a later gen with no serial. They are in perfect condition except for some damage on the top of both orbitals where I assume that were dropped. Just wondering if anyone has tried polishing out scratches / light damage on the later gen plasma frames. I have a dremel with some soft pads, I could try, but didn't know if someone else knew something better to do.

plasma is a coating that is darker than platinum and lighter than xmetal. its like paint on a car, rub the clearcoat off, then you have paint, rub the paint off you have primer. you cannot rub the primer to make the paint come back.

How hard is it to turn a plasma frame into a polished frame? I got a plasma frame I would love to make a bright polished pair but not sure how...

How hard is it to turn a plasma frame into a polished frame? I got a plasma frame I would love to make a bright polished pair but not sure how...

Shouldn't be any harder than any other original frame finish. Dremel, polishing wheel, appropriate polish medium. Time and effort.

Shouldn't be any harder than any other original frame finish. Dremel, polishing wheel, appropriate polish medium. Time and effort.
Do you know if there is a step by step thread? Sounds easy enough but I am kinda slow ;) does anyone know if the Xman does this?

Start with a micro mesh kit........i have one and if you wanna play with polishing titanium,id start with this kit.ive seen some dudes polish this stuff into amazingly beautyfull works of art........