• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Frames

What process are you using?

Dremel with foam sanding drum to cut off the plasma finish and remove casting marks/pits and then sanding with 220, 400, then 1200 sandpaper. Then using a felt drum with polishing compound and a Dremel to buff off the fine scratches then polishing with Mothers Metal Polish.

I've repeated the process about three times already since I keep finding stuff to fix. It's still a work in progress. Kinda stopped since the new maps for BF3 came out recently.

Here is a pic, the top pair is the Juliets I polished. The bottom pair is a stock polished Juliet w/fire polarized for the OP to show the hammerstems. Polishing was a chore, used 300 grit to remove the plasma. I followed up with 400 to 600 then 1500 grit. Final polish was with a dremel and blue magic polish. Oakley HQ took them apart for me and popped new rivets and rubber after I polished the component parts. Both visits were no charge while I waited, gota love that customer service. Are you taking yours apart to polish? If not use caution with a dremel on or near the nose bridge. The metal will heat up and possibly destroy the rubber in the bridge.

PolishedJuliets.jpg

PolishedJulietDetail.jpg

WOW! That's really nice! I've got a way to go til mine is that nice.

The pair I'm working on already had bad coupler rubber so I just punched the rivets out so I can polish between the nose bridge and the orbitals.

You are lucky you can just head to HQ and have them work on it. I thought I read somewhere that HQ doesn't work on "custom or modified" pairs?

Man, you are inspiring me to start back on them again. Thanks!

the jury looks sweet xmetalmaniac . . . do you know which icons from a other model would work for the jury?!?

Latest Posts

Back