• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Jawbone With Polarized Red Iridium $99 @ SGH

That's the case that I got with the Jawbone. It's the Split Jacket one.

yup, those are for the split jackets. the one they gave me was just hollow inside, no curves for the lenses or frames. might get one on ebay too.

yeah, they really are big, and i thought that the split jackets were already big. gonna see if how well i do like them, if not, i might just return them, as the lenses on these are not in "pristine" condition as its the only one they had. it was just too good to pass for the price.

none in arizona would pay someone to hook it up.

I called them all in the valley and dropped by a couple just in case they didn't know what they were looking at.

sgh at pv mall really had no clue about it either. i was asking for it and person there told me that the only one they had on clearance was the one with the "purple" lenses. when he showed it to me, we had to look online on their computer so i can show that it was marked down to $99.99. i was thinking that some locations might not really know the specific model thats why they can't find it.

Yeah, sounds like bouncing boy got reaal lucky ! The stores I called, honestly sounded very clueless. Just to go along with the SGH hate vibe lol.
Yeah if it weren't for the fact that these were marked down from $260 I would've easily passed. When the two employees were fumbling through their plastic baggie wrapped Oakleys and tossing them around with reckless abandon it made me cringe. I just don't get why they don't keep stuff together. Sure it's probably because of a lack of space but the time spent for those two fumbling through drawers of stuff trying to find the case for the Jawbone was close to unbearable. Mine came with the wrong case, no tags and minor scratches on the lens. Again, if it weren't for the fact that it was $99.97 marked down from $260, I wouldn't have bothered at all. But the lenses are replaceable and the scratches aren't too bad that I need to replace them right away. I figure I'll wear them and wait until I get a huge scratch or something and then buy new ones.

yup, those are for the split jackets. the one they gave me was just hollow inside, no curves for the lenses or frames. might get one on ebay too.

yeah, they really are big, and i thought that the split jackets were already big. gonna see if how well i do like them, if not, i might just return them, as the lenses on these are not in "pristine" condition as its the only one they had. it was just too good to pass for the price.
It's not so much that the lenses are too big for me. It's that extra flap of plastic on the bottom that's throwing everything off for me. LOL

The way I figure it, even if I were to drop another $95 on new lenses (which I eventually will anyways) it's still cheaper than paying $260.

Granted $260 would've bought me peace of mind, tags, extra lenses and a correct case but $100 for decent lenses, great frame, and a useable case isn't bad either.

^^^ exact same points that made me buy them too. i guess with sgh, its not weird that my experience is a complete copy of what you just described! LOL

^^^ exact same points that made me buy them too. i guess with sgh, its not weird that my experience is a complete copy of what you just described! LOL
Yeah, I think that unless it's a sale I can't refuse I will never set foot into an SGH again.

Took this just now.

The Split Jaw! :D

P1070717.jpg

Yeah, I think that unless it's a sale I can't refuse I will never set foot into an SGH again.

Took this just now.

The Split Jaw! :D

nice! i really need to get those display stands!

yeah, what happened to you was the exact same thing i experienced, the guy going thru the drawers and trying to see which soft vault would fit the jaws. you're lucky, i was only given a regular black microfiber bag! LOL

nice! i really need to get those display stands!

yeah, what happened to you was the exact same thing i experienced, the guy going thru the drawers and trying to see which soft vault would fit the jaws. you're lucky, i was only given a regular black microfiber bag! LOL
They didn't even manage to find a Split Jacket/Jawbone microbag for you? That's hella weak! LOL

Y'know, if I do end up keeping the Jawbones I'm might put some red earsocks on them. Gonna go to the O Store/Vault and see if the red earsocks match well with the rest of the red.

The thing that most stores told me that ruined any chances was "we only have the jawbone in matte black." Oh well, live to fight another day.

Yeah when I was at the only SGH around me that had this particular Jawbone I asked them to call up the next closest one and they said they only had the matte black one.

It was imperfect.... And they still wanted $260 for it...

This thread makes me sad. I've had these since they first came out and i thought they were the best looking jawbones in their entire line (at the time). Seems like i was the only one who thought so. Oh well, at least i didn't pay MSRP :wink:

Back