• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Juliet with Chrome Polarized Iridium lenses....

see that is the thing. on a silver frame the black doesn't let the frame/lenses do the heavy lifting due to the obvious contrast. the sand on Xmetal and Gray on Plasma/Polished actually blend into the frame more. hence why i only use black rubber on black frames.
We'll have to agree to disagree, I don't see the black rubber as strongly contrasting, just as a default. :)

see that is the thing. on a silver frame the black doesn't let the frame/lenses do the heavy lifting due to the obvious contrast. the sand on Xmetal and Gray on Plasma/Polished actually blend into the frame more. hence why i only use black rubber on black frames.
That is an interesting perspective! I've never seen it that way before. Not sure I would change from the black currently on my frames, but I guess this is the reason why people purchase the sand and gray colored rubbers. That's the great thing about the Xmetals, you can make them the way You like them! The customization options are nearly endless, lol

Are the Walleva titanium and light grey colors much different than the Linegear? It's hard to tell by looking at pictures...each monitor/display shows a different color, as well as the camera used to take the pictures. I wonder what would blend in best with the polished Juliet frame. Stick with Linegear, or possibly explore the Walleva options?

And yes, one of the best things about these X-Metal glasses is that you can customize them any way that you want. If I'm going out for the day and I'm wearing a lot of red, I can put on a red rubber set on my Juliet frame. If I am wearing a lot of blue, I can put a blue rubber set. If I'm not wearing red or blue....maybe just blacks and greys, I can wear a XM or Plasma/Titanium frame with black rubber.

A buddy of mine always wears a lot of Underarmour stuff (as do I), and he has this lime green shirt he always wears. Has the same color shoe laces to match. And he also wears XS glasses, and managed to find a set of rubbers that match perfectly. And it looks damn good having all these little accents of what you are wearing match. Pretty darn cool if ya ask me! So that is what I am doing with my Juliets and my Pennys. Those are the only 2 XMs that I like, so I am trying to get a pair with one of each of the following combos with red and blue (as well as black). I'm getting close, I need another XM Penny and another XM Juliet...and I should have most of what I need. I plan to buy a couple back ups whenever I see them listed at a great price, but for now...I'm hoarding OEM lenses. Trying to get as many as I can before they are all gone. I can worry about custom cuts from other donors later. Well.....that's my plan. lol

Are the Walleva titanium and light grey colors much different than the Linegear? It's hard to tell by looking at pictures...each monitor/display shows a different color, as well as the camera used to take the pictures. I wonder what would blend in best with the polished Juliet frame. Stick with Linegear, or possibly explore the Walleva options?

The issue with the Walleva rubbers is it doesn't matter if the colors are good or not, they suck. they spin on the ear stem and don't have a tight grip. there is a reason they are almost never mentioned on the forum and the Linegear ones always are.

The issue with the Walleva rubbers is it doesn't matter if the colors are good or not, they suck. they spin on the ear stem and don't have a tight grip. there is a reason they are almost never mentioned on the forum and the Linegear ones always are.

Not to mention, the walleva t-shocks never seat right with any of my metals. Maybe it's the material that they used lacking the grip because my metals spat them out - literally. Their lenses are even more woeful: wafer thin and peels apart. That's the one and only combo kit (and one too many) that I ever owned from an x-metal purchase off ebay.

Hey guys, just realized I was tagged. Getting the polarized axis on is pretty simple when you work where I work. First off if you use big taco lenses and you have a big taco frame like I do that helps. You just use a ruler to draw a perfectly horizontal line as along the central axis of the lens. Then make sure you cut that line to the horizontal axis of your Juliet pattern. If you don't have the frame for the donor lenses you need one of those Oakley or Maui Jim "polarized" signs. You know the ones that change color or picture, or whatever when you pop polarized shades on?! When you twist the donors about 45 degrees clockwise, or 45 degree counterclockwise, the image changes and you put a tick Mark at the edge of the lens horizontally when that happens on either side. Half way between those marks is the horizontal. I hope that makes sense. Can't wait to see these chrome Iridium polarized lenses. What's the donor for these @DrtyHarry ?

Hey guys, just realized I was tagged. Getting the polarized axis on is pretty simple when you work where I work. First off if you use big taco lenses and you have a big taco frame like I do that helps. You just use a ruler to draw a perfectly horizontal line as along the central axis of the lens. Then make sure you cut that line to the horizontal axis of your Juliet pattern. If you don't have the frame for the donor lenses you need one of those Oakley or Maui Jim "polarized" signs. You know the ones that change color or picture, or whatever when you pop polarized shades on?! When you twist the donors about 45 degrees clockwise, or 45 degree counterclockwise, the image changes and you put a tick Mark at the edge of the lens horizontally when that happens on either side. Half way between those marks is the horizontal. I hope that makes sense. Can't wait to see these chrome Iridium polarized lenses. What's the donor for these @DrtyHarry ?

They are Big Taco!! I was wondering about these as donors, will the word get chopped off with these?

http://www.oakley.com/en/mens/sungl...nses/product/W0OO9295RXLP?skuCode=101-351-022