1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ducatiti

ducatiti Oakley Enthusiast

So in an effort to preserve my new lenses, I plan to install the lenses below and stick with it for a while. My old lenses have chips on the edges and waves that seem to be spreading. I would like to avoid this moving forward.

I would like to ask for opinions here of which you would prefer on the polished and plasma frame... Thanks in advance.

Frames on hand: Polished and Plasma
    Lenses on hand: Deep Water Prizm and Titanium Iridium Polarized

Edit: I will install root beer rubber on the frames with the Titanium lenses..

Old lenses on hand: Fire Iridium Polarized and Ruby Iridium

Poll: DWP or Titanium Lenses for Polished or Plasma X Squared - 31E92CCF-3C14-462D-B0F9-7AE65C8B662B_zpsiiwogxpu.jpg

Poll: DWP or Titanium Lenses for Polished or Plasma X Squared - F01D57E1-4AEA-4A29-A027-929E9C23F1F7_zpskekvhurz.jpg

Poll: DWP or Titanium Lenses for Polished or Plasma X Squared - FAB92E62-93AF-4C2E-BC5B-1B41C90938AD_zpsscsmv7g7.jpg
    Poll: DWP or Titanium Lenses for Polished or Plasma X Squared - F554B9D6-F52A-4E9B-99BF-B54072183DC6_zpsv6lpkxph.jpg
    Poll: DWP or Titanium Lenses for Polished or Plasma X Squared - 100BB916-59B3-4FED-AEBE-8DF070CF4FA8_zpsjpu8bvbp.jpg
    Poll: DWP or Titanium Lenses for Polished or Plasma X Squared - 8DD99F74-D99F-4AC9-8E3D-0A2FAD5ABFE4_zpsvuun2zqg.jpg

Last edited: 10/15/16
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. gbear

gbear Oakley Beginner Premium Member

My 2 cents worth of advice. I've got all of the lenses you mentioned. The DWP are AMAZING lenses but look best in a darker frame. I'd use the titanium or ruby with a polished frame. But whatever you prefer is best for you.

3. ducatiti

Thanks for the advice. I was also thinking this but with the Titanium on the polished, it would look like any other polished x squared with the VR28.. But yes, I agree that DWP will look good on a dark frame.

But then again, I always like the look of polished frames with chrome lenses so I'm back to square one lol..

4. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Just be different then and go with DWP

5. Litos

Litos I believe in babies, music, magic and mom and dad

DWP - not even sure why this is a debate...

6. gbear

gbear Oakley Beginner Premium Member

The ultimate answer is Ice lenses in the polished. Just jumps out at anyone looking at you and a truly beautiful combo.....lol. Good luck!

7. Litos

Litos I believe in babies, music, magic and mom and dad

But in all honesty, Jade would look even better FYI

gbear and "Trump" like this.
  8. ducatiti

Lol. Please don't convince me to buy ice or emerald hehe.

Adding these pics..

Poll: DWP or Titanium Lenses for Polished or Plasma X Squared - 31E92CCF-3C14-462D-B0F9-7AE65C8B662B_zpsiiwogxpu.jpg

Poll: DWP or Titanium Lenses for Polished or Plasma X Squared - F01D57E1-4AEA-4A29-A027-929E9C23F1F7_zpskekvhurz.jpg [/URL

9. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

DWP all day long in any frame.

10. dingo ate my baby

dingo ate my baby I should Work at Oakley

Those look bad send them to me..;) I got sapphire or. Violet to trade you. If you like looking thru them keep them, funny thing some don't dig dwp to look thru.