• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Possible To Do?

Mickle said:
Could also try swapping out the rivets in an XS with the Juliet's?? Assuming they're the same size/length.

Not close on either. And they don't go all the way through on an XS.

Hate to bring up fOakleys but one of the tell-tale signs of them (if I remember) is that the inside of the nose piece has screws yet the front looks correct. Maybe seeing how they are constructed would help with this solution. Anyone get burned and have a pair to dissect for "mad" science?

I bought a pair just so I could bend the seller over a barrel. Got a full refund and kept the junk. Be happy to reverse engineer this weekend.

Sure, PM me with your addy!
X Metal tune-ups are fading away, someday it may be unavailable for all models.
Wouldn't it be cool to make a "service kit"?
If the flex coupler has a design patent that may add a wrinkle.

Well I'm not planning to reproduce it or anything. Just make new pins to make it self serviceable.

But yes. Eventually, you'll be left with a pair that can't be fixed.

I wonder how close each model is to each other. Like are mars the same as xx the same as Juliet? The pins at least. I know the nosebridges are slightly different size/shape

I'm gonna tear a Juliet apart Monday probably to figure out this thing. Q I'll get you measurements of the pins. Anyways, I was thinking of a good rubber replacemt. All the hard times I've had is getting rubber cut correctly and is still to loose even when I cram them in. Still loose up and down. The stock rubber "cups" the insert, but it's hard to recreate this cut without molds.

I've JB welded a pair for a friend once. Nice and tight but no flex at all. I just thought tho... What about hot glue? That would take an exact form plus be flexible. And if yiu coat the inside with wd40 before, I bet it wouldn't stick, just form around it... What you all think? I know it sounds cheesball but it may work.

I've got some two part rubber that you mix(feels like silly putty), and could put it all together. 5 min later it cures to rubber and it could be trimmed. That's what I'm going to try when I get that far.

Kind of a lot for what they are. I'm not in at 100$. Unless someone wants to get them.

I asked the seller to go cheaper since they have no bites.

Back