• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Precision machined spinning tops...the latest trend!

I didn't try for the nexus either. I have been too tied up with steel flame items. Their Ring spins are sick! @Uluahunter knows what I am talking about!! More crowns will be released Tuesday along with a Triskellion.
20170222_124731.jpg

tmp-cam-759582732.jpg

Looks like a sports tire on a wheel/rim. Pretty cool

You're right, it does - I wonder if that's coincidental or intentional; what's been re-posted on billetspin.info doesn't say. What he does say is this:

"A little history on the Matrix. A long long time ago, I held a design contest here in BilletSPIN. It was cool too see everyone submit their ideas. The problem I soon learned was that people dont have much for machining experience so a lot of the ideas just were not possible. One design did however stick out over the rest and easily won. It was made by Jason Hosking and it looked great!

After the design contest was over, I was slammed and making this with him just slipped through the cracks. I apologize greatly for this and it was not acceptable. Well a few months ago, Jason sent me a message and I felt horrible. So we got started on the planning.

There is so much that goes into these designs. I took the genetics of his submitted design and we talked about how it would be possible to make, make affordable and spin well. Well what started off with a few tweaks ended up as the Matrix.
"

He calls it a 9 piece top but 5 of them are SS dowel pins so only 4 pieces are machined. Which is still more than average.

Last edited:
It was based on a wheel/tire rim. The standard material combos will be $200 plus shipping and sell on Indiegogo. The exotics will range up to $500 and be sold on the BilletSPIN website or SUS (sign up sale), depending on quantity made.

Back