• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription sun glasses - Please help!

YorkshireBeanie

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys. New here.

So I'm based here in the UK. I have just had a new prescription done. and attempted to order some prescription Holbrooks however it states the lenses are not available with my prescription. but with no information on why?

My prescription is as follows

R = Sph -4.0, CYL +3.75, AXIS 170.0
L = Sph -3.5, CYL +4.25, AXIS 15.0
I have Keratoconus, have attempted contact lenses in the past but I dont get on with them.

With Pupilaraly distance of 32.5 for each eye so im presuming this is 65 total.

Is this something that OAKLEY would still be able to do? whether it be a different frame or not? I was looking at Prizm polarised with coloured lenses.
Cheers

Last edited:
Hi guys. New here.

So I'm based here in the UK. I have just had a new prescription done. and attempted to order some prescription Holbrooks however it states the lenses are not available with my prescription. but with no information on why?

I have Keratoconus, have attempted contact lenses in the past but I dont get on with them.

Is this something that OAKLEY would still be able to do? whether it be a different frame or not? I was looking at Prizm polarised with coloured lenses.
Cheers
Oakley doesn't do holbrook sunglasses rx beyond 3.00 cylinder.
You could contact a company like sportrx and I think they'd be willing to make you a sunglasses lenses in the "optical Holbrook" model. They won't be genuine Oakley brand. So you'll be looking at more basic polarized tints like dark brown, dark gray, or dark green.

Hi @Chris A Hardaway Thanks for replying.

Are there any other models that will suit my prescription? As i only wanted to go for oakleys for the coloured lenses you do.

Cheers
Rx frame models will work w your rx. Just not w genuine Oakley rx sun lenses.

Don't pick a sunglasses model unless you want to have potential warped and blurry vision.

The flatter the frame up to 5 or 6 base curve. Call sport rx they could help on this one

Oakley Optical Prescription eyeglasses, like Holbrook RX, will work with your RX. Optical frames are available with Oakley Regular Iridium lenses. So you will miss out on Prizm but can still have authentic Oakley sunglass lenses.

Oakley Optical Prescription eyeglasses, like Holbrook RX, will work with your RX. Optical frames are available with Oakley Regular Iridium lenses. So you will miss out on Prizm but can still have authentic Oakley sunglass lenses.
I don't think Oakley RX frames can have "sun lenses above 3.00 cylinder" but maybe I'm wrong on that. I knew they could go way up in power on clear or "transitions photochromic" lenses.

Hi guys. New here.

Is this something that oakley prescription glasses would still be able to do? whether it be a different frame or not? I was looking at Prizm polarised with coloured lenses.
Cheers
I've just found a pair of Oakley sunglasses which fit me perfectly. Normally using prescription glasses, I'd much prefer not having to put on contacts whenever using sunglasses (never mind the problem of having to plan that in advance). Oakley's Prizm lenses are superb, but for adding prescription directly from Oakley I'm looking at a cost of around 6000 NOK (£550 or so) all in, while frames with non-prescription Prizm lenses are less than a quarter of that. Could always get non-original lenses obviously, but are they as good? Any input or experience to share?

I've just found a pair of Oakley sunglasses which fit me perfectly. Normally using prescription glasses, I'd much prefer not having to put on contacts whenever using sunglasses (never mind the problem of having to plan that in advance). Oakley's Prizm lenses are superb, but for adding prescription directly from Oakley I'm looking at a cost of around 6000 NOK (£550 or so) all in, while frames with non-prescription Prizm lenses are less than a quarter of that. Could always get non-original lenses obviously, but are they as good? Any input or experience to share?
Think about this. The part of your lenses that is crafted, or custom made, is the lenses. Lenses will always cost more than mass produced frames. You could get non Oakley lenses, which can be good or even better. But then they'll cost the same or more. Don't trust cheap lenses unless you want lower quality. You always get what you pay for in this world

Back