• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Oakley Off Line 4.0 140 Pewter Crimson Brand New With Prescription Lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

SOLD! (I can't figure out how to change it from "For Sale" to "Sold"....sorry.)

[Will trade for Kitchen Sink knapsack!]

I have these listed on eBay, where you can find the photos. To avoid eBay fees, and b/c this is the Oakley family, I'll price them here for $150! This is my first time posting on this Exchange, so if I'm doing something wrong, please don't hesitate to let me know! Here's the details:

These have an interesting back story. Back in 2004 I ordered a bunch of Rx glasses and sunglasses from Oakley headquarters. In my package was included a pair of prescription glasses that I didn't order. They weren't even under my name! I contacted them and they said "just keep them". I thought one day I might make prescription lenses that are actually my Rx, but never got around to doing it as I'm more of a frame-less style kind of person.
These are absolutely brand new, and have been sitting in the original box, including metal vault case since I got them. I don't see any signs of decay whatsoever; they truly are immaculate. I don't know about you, but I've never paid less than $700 for a pair of glasses, including the frame and prescription. If this is your prescription, you've just found the deal of the century! If not, you can just have new lenses made, and even use your insurance to cover a good chunk of the cost, and put them in this beautiful and sophisticated frame.

Here's the Rx info. You can also find the details and every spec about the glasses in the attached original invoice. I don't accept returns, so if you need any additional pics, please don't hesitate to ask.

OD: SPH -0.25, CYL SPH
PD: 62.0

What you'll get:
- Oakley Off Line 4.0 140 Pewter Crimson frames with Oakley Rx lenses. Lenses have the official etched Oakley logo on the bottom left of the left lens.
- Soft case.
- Metal Vault case.
- Original box.

The official color of the arms is described as Crmsn, which I assume is Crimson, however, they're not a bright color at all. They look more like a dark burgundy to me. They're not flashy at all, but look really nice. Hopefully the pictures capture the essence for you. The reason I've held onto them for so long is that they really are an awesome frame and overall look, and I really felt I would make use of them, or give them to a friend or family. Well, it's time to clean out my drawers, and hence the genesis for this listing!

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back