• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription sun glasses - Please help!

I don't think Oakley RX frames can have "sun lenses above 3.00 cylinder" but maybe I'm wrong on that. I knew they could go way up in power on clear or "transitions photochromic" lenses.

You can certainly get Oakley Optical frames with cyl up to +-6 dpt. However with higher cyl colour options can be limited.

I've just found a pair of Oakley sunglasses which fit me perfectly. Normally using prescription glasses, I'd much prefer not having to put on contacts whenever using sunglasses (never mind the problem of having to plan that in advance). Oakley's Prizm lenses are superb, but for adding prescription directly from Oakley I'm looking at a cost of around 6000 NOK (£550 or so) all in, while frames with non-prescription Prizm lenses are less than a quarter of that. Could always get non-original lenses obviously, but are they as good? Any input or experience to share?

If you are looking to buy RX Oakleys in Norway I would recommend Synsam as they have great sport selection and expertise. They should have in their selection Authentic Oakley lenses, Essilor Xperio lenses and Optileks lenses. All three are quality lenses and when you opt for these you end up paying about the same.

There are also basic conventional lenses for very little money. Cheaper options are cheap for a reaaon. They have cheaper lens material, coatings and the optics are not as good.

At the end of the day Prizm technology is amazing and worth every øre. With Oakley Authentics you get proper digital freeform lenses which are superior to the conventional single vision lenses. The difference is noticeable even with lower prescription.

You could contact a company like sportrx and I think they'd be willing to make you a sunglasses lenses in the "optical Holbrook" model. They won't be genuine Oakley brand. So you'll be looking at more basic polarized tints like dark brown, dark gray, or dark green.

If you are looking to buy RX Oakleys in Norway I would recommend Synsam as they have great sport selection and expertise. They should have in their selection Authentic Oakley lenses, Essilor Xperio lenses and Optileks lenses. All three are quality lenses and when you opt for these you end up paying about the same.

There are also basic conventional lenses for very little money. Cheaper options are cheap for a reaaon. They have cheaper lens material, coatings and the optics are not as good.

At the end of the day Prizm technology is amazing and worth every øre. With Oakley Authentics you get proper digital freeform lenses which are superior to the conventional single vision lenses and apartments for sale in lebanon. The difference is noticeable even with lower prescription.
thank you so much for your suggestion

Get your prescription filled by a reputable eyeglass shop. I agree that cheap lenses should be avoided, but 550 pounds is Luxottica taking you for a ride. The RX lenses aren't magically better from Oakley if you are comparing that to having a quality lens ground from another lens maker.

I think they'd be willing to make you a sunglasses lenses in the "optical Holbrook" model. They won't be genuine Oakley brand. So you'll be looking at more basic polarized tints like dark brown, dark gray, or dark green.
pikashow download

Back