• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Price drops/bumps/comments in exchange section

Status
Not open for further replies.
If tagging me was to imply having broken the rules, I can assure everyone that it wasn't done intentionally. I've sometimes updated a title or initial post at the approximately same time as I've bumped the thread - but I wasn't aware that wasn't allowed. As far as I know, editing the title or initial post, doesn't move up the thread. Am I wrong in that assumption ?
If tagging me was to pick my brain - I honestly don't have any creative solutions. It's a fine line, because we all want our stuff to sell as quickly as possible and how do you make it fair for everyone, without total anarchy.
I tagged you to pick your brain as one of the rule NON breakers. ;)

I'm curious.

I have noticed A LOT of price drops being used to bump an exchange thread well under the 48 hours and in some cases even well under 24 hours.

Is it NECESSARY or is it against the rules to use the price drop to bump an exchange thread within the thread well under 24/48 hours?

Isn't it possible to just update the first post and LEAVE IT AT THAT? Why do you need to bump the thread noting the price drop? DO THAT IN THE FIRST POST since you are updating the first post anyway.

Also, I've noticed people using the tactic of replying to comments to bump their thread. A perfect example is one comment was replied to on one day.....then the seller replied to a comment BEFORE the comment he replied to on the next day. That is just sneaky bumping. What the ****?????

Anyway. I'm just pointing this out and would like some clarification and also would like it clear to people who actually use the exchange areas what the rules clearly are.

In my opinion if you are a clear repeat violator of the rules your threads should just be flat out deleted since you can't or won't abide by the rules.

In my opinion the exchange section has turned into one big joke. This coming from a person who doesn't even use the exchange section.

Thoughts......anyone? ANYONE??????

@kronin323, I'm tagging you because you are much more eloquent than me in posting. Hopefully you have some input.

@Dallas O Hog , tagging you just because. :p
Pretty sure you're the last person that should be talking about ridiculous thread bumps. :D

I tagged you to pick your brain as one of the rule NON breakers. ;)
Thanks buddy - I do my best not to. I've put that life behind me :D.
I wish I had some brilliant ideas.
One possibility would be some kind of credit system - which would cost X amount for every bump. But then again that might just make us sellers raise our prices, like seen on eBay.
Another credit system could be that each member only has X number of bumps pr week/month whatever.
Both ideas would most likely move all the commentary into private messages, keeping the exchange that's clearer.

This is hard frank as posting or commenting to a sales thread automatically bumps you up. This is my suggestion. Take off the features where members can post to a thread. Sellers can only post or update every 48 hours. Admiring a sales thread like"glws" is pointless anyway whats the point its not a sale inquiry. (This will also lessen or eliminate sale theead arguments as you know prices etc.) Inquiries should only be done by private PM. This will affect honoring who pmed first, but who cares at the end sellers has the right to sell their pieces to whoever he wants and most dont follow this rule anyways. This will solve the problem. Only my suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back