• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Daily Black Iridium

Delorean2006

Oakley Expert
Yesterday, I stopped into my local sunglass hut just to check out some of the newer slivers with Deep Water Prizm and I know some matte black Mainlinks and Slivers on display and I thought that was interesting because they had gunmetal icons and I know that was never an original color and I looked even closer, it said prizm on the lens and finally! Oakley is going to offer Prizm Daily in a darker offering with a Black Iridium coating on the lens, not everybody likes the mirror finish, but I do, especially since its going to be a black iridium finish on the lens. I tried the original prizm daily, BI Prizm Daily and Black Iridium polarized all side by side and it is significantly darker than Prizm Daily, almost as dark as black but with the Prizm contrast, I have to say a 10% like transmission where BIP is 9% and prizm daily is 13%, I will definitely going back in the coming weeks to get either Holbrooks or Mainlinks the new lenses.

It shows up on the SGH website, but not on the Oakley website. I wonder if this is going to be a SGH exclusive. I really hope not, because I will need a few custom cuts.

they have Jupiter Squared on SGH online as well. All sold out though.
2016-10-30_13-23-36.jpg
2016-10-30_13-23-58.jpg
2016-10-30_13-24-21.jpg

It shows up on the SGH website, but not on the Oakley website. I wonder if this is going to be a SGH exclusive. I really hope not, because I will need a few custom cuts.
The O-Stores and Vaults have them in stock rooms here in NC but can't put them out until Nov 15th when they are to be released. Funny SGH already has them out.

November 15!!! That's a long wait. I'll have to venture in to SGH to look through them, but I'm pretty sure from what was described, that I am going to like them.

So, I couldn't get the new lenses off my mind and have always wanted a pair of mainlinks especially in Matte black so I went back to sunglass hut today and picked a pair of the mainlinks up with the new lenses. Will post a pic of them later. Have to say the lens is gorgeous, has the great prizm daily contrast and colors just darker and with the mirror we've all wanted.

Yeah crap. I can't even get cuts because I want them for a Jawbreaker although cuts for a PBII are an idea.

It took a long time for Oakley to offer Jade Polar on some pairs. IMO daily should've come with an Iridium coating in the first place.

Latest Posts

Back