• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Deep Water vs Prizm Tungsten P

NorthernNomad

Oakley Beginner
Looking at different lenses for fishing/everyday use, I’d prefer the Prizm Shallow Water , but can’t get it in RX.. I know these 2 lenses are of different base colors, but which is better for both sunny, overcast and other variable conditions? More or less, is the Prizm Tungsten better at bright conditions then the PDW is at overcast/lower light conditions?? Only getting one pair and I don’t have anywhere locally to try any lenses..

I'd say tungsten. DW had a much lower VLT level that would make it hard to use in overcast conditions. Tungsten won't be a good in very bright light, by I think it would be good enough for most conditions

I'd say tungsten. DW had a much lower VLT level that would make it hard to use in overcast conditions. Tungsten won't be a good in very bright light, by I think it would be good enough for most conditions
Tungsten a no-go for 8 hours of bright sunny conditions out in open water and max glare ?

Tungsten a no-go for 8 hours of bright sunny conditions out in open water and max glare ?
I personally wouldn't. But it will depend on your light sensitivity. I'd always prefer a more grey base tint lens, like deep water, for that kind of environment. I don't think a bronze base tint, like tungsten, would be a effective.

Prizm Tungsten Polarized will be the better all around lens. But favored toward less severe light. I'd agree if your Ste in open air without tree cover for hours and hours I'd go DWP.... but prizm Tungsten is closer to shallow water. And prizm Tungsten will be better for fishing on rivers and streams. Dwp better for open ocean and high desert terrain. I BET.

Prizm Tungsten Polarized will be the better all around lens. But favored toward less severe light. I'd agree if your Ste in open air without tree cover for hours and hours I'd go DWP.... but prizm Tungsten is closer to shallow water. And prizm Tungsten will be better for fishing on rivers and streams. Dwp better for open ocean and high desert terrain. I BET.
My fishing situation is sort of a hybrid, as I fish the Great Lakes. I can spend several 8 hour days in a row in shallow crystal clear water sight fishing smallmouth, and then be 2 miles offshore the very next day fishing deep.. But, even when I am fishing up shallow, it’s still 50-200 yards offshore and there is no cover except for whatever we have for clouds lol.. I am leaning towards the Prizm Tungsten as I really want the contrast advantage for shallow fishing, but I know there’s gonna be many days this summer fishing out in super bright conditions. Wish I could afford a pair of both in RX, but I’ve gotta choose one pair.

That makes sense. Just make sure they are the polarized ones and you'll be fine. I think had sounds like the better choice overall.

Back