• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

sgorratoad

Oakley Beginner
Italy
Hi everyone!

I want to buy Oakley sports sunglasses to use both for city running and mountain hiking (and eventually road biking). I am set on the EvZero Stride frame but can't decide on the lenses: at first I was going for the Prizm Road but now I'm doubtful that the 20% vlt might be too high (and maybe harmful for the eyes) when running on open roads on summer sunny days and therefore I am now considering also the Prizm Daily which is 14% vlt. Meanwhile I have seen new Prizm lenses have been released such as the Prizm Black (11% vlt, maybe too much for sports application) and Prizm Ruby (17% vlt).

I can't get my head around all these Prizm lenses and I'm scared to either get too dark lenses for my sports purposes (high reactivity and details spotting) or too light lenses resulting in too much light perceived by the eye and possibly harming the eye.

I'd much appreciate if any of you could give me their advice and maybe personal experience!! Cheers

Prizm Road works beautifully for what you want to use it for.

Thanks for the reply! I understand (also from looking at other discussion) that you have the Prizm Road lens and are both a road cyclist and runner: can you tell me more about if you use the Prizm Road for both activities or prefer other Oakley lenses i.e. for running and if you ever tried the Prizm Road in exposed mountain hiking (summer)?

Thanks for the reply! I understand (also from looking at other discussion) that you have the Prizm Road lens and are both a road cyclist and runner: can you tell me more about if you use the Prizm Road for both activities or prefer other Oakley lenses i.e. for running and if you ever tried the Prizm Road in exposed mountain hiking (summer)?

Yes I have used Road for both riding and running. Honestly when I first used them I wasn't expecting much because of the percentage of light transmission. But I have to say I have been really impressed by how well they perform.

My favorite lens is Fire Iridium but that is purely personal preference. I also use quite a bit Ruby and Sapphire when running and riding. It really depends on how sunny the day is. Based on that I will make a choice out of the many available lenses I have.

Btw... Prizm Trail works well for sunrise and sunset activities as well as rainy days.

I do not do any exposed mountain hiking so cannot comment on that.

I finally went for the EvZero Stride with Prizm Road Lenses! Bought today at Oakley store and soon to be tested but they already feel amazing!

Thanks to all for the advice! And knowing myself I'll soon try and buy the other lenses you suggested... :biggrin:

Back