1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Skito

Skito Oakley Beginner

Hey guys,

ok, the unbelievable thing happened. Just after my first post where I said, that I was looking for a Romeo 2.0, people told me - as I expected - that you could not find any of them in stores anymore. So I decided to buy two X-Squared instead.

After buying a brand new XS Ducati for around $340 I went to another Oakley Vault just yesterday, since they had an XS with Ruby lenses, which I wanted to check out. And while I was standing in front of the vault I found a model which looked different from the others. It grabbed my attention and at first I did not even realize that there was a pair of Romeo 2.0 polished/titanium sitting right in front of me. I tried not to be excited when the salesperson came towards me, but I could not hide it. So I bought them for $380,- pristine condition with original box and coin.

When I got back home I realized though, that the coin said Romeo and not Romeo 2.0.... it seems as if they sold the R2 to me with the coin from an R1. I would have preferred to get the R2 coin also, but I guess it should be possible to trade an R1 coin for an R2 coin with someone here? :)

What do you think? Aren't they pretty? :)

Psyched About Romeo 2.0 :D - romeo2.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Hitting it lucky

3. mercbezerk

mercbezerk Unicorn Chaser Premium Member Lifetime Member

I could be wrong, but the first release of the Romeo 2's did come out with the standard large "Romeo" coin. Only when they started packaging them in the split sleeve boxes did they then bring out a smaller "Romeo 2" coin.

Someone on the forum may have the coin you're after... hang in there.

BriP likes this.
  4. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

I'm pretty sure there is only one coin for both Romeos. I can't remember ever seeing a Romeo 2 specific one

5. qtrain23

Ninjad

mercbezerk likes this.
  6. Skito

Skito Oakley Beginner

But the coin says 1997... Romeo 2.0 did not even exist back then, did they?

7. mercbezerk

Q, here's a pic of the Romeo 2 coin

Psyched About Romeo 2.0 :D - 4298092344fb1a6f9f83.jpg

13ThirtySeven and BriP like this.
  8. mercbezerk

The R1 was already in production and they had the coins, so they just used the same ones in the R2 packaging. Only later when they changed over to the split sleeve boxes did they then bring out a R2 coin.

9. qtrain23

Right. I forget that the r2 was released during the change.

10. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

I have just checked and can confirm that all five original Romeo 2 have Romeo coins dated 1998, and all three Romeo have coins dated 1997. Both these coins are the silver type of the same design, unlike the later 2009 X Metal coins.