• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question about buying from Oakley Directly

shadowsun

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

First time poster

I have a nice collection of newer Oakleys starting to build up. However in the last week something unusual has happened

Two pairs I bough (Plazma and Flak Beta) both came with no stickers on the lenses, no seal on the box and look as though they might have been used

The plazma frames are also dirty and look like they had something spilled on them

Now these were both purchased at 50% off.

Im just wondering is this normal? Has anyone else on the forum experienced this?

Hi,

First time poster

I have a nice collection of newer Oakleys starting to build up. However in the last week something unusual has happened

Two pairs I bough (Plazma and Flak Beta) both came with no stickers on the lenses, no seal on the box and look as though they might have been used

The plazma frames are also dirty and look like they had something spilled on them

Now these were both purchased at 50% off.

Im just wondering is this normal? Has anyone else on the forum experienced this?
Sounds like they are returns, thus the 50% discount.

If they are only dirty and they don’t have any damage, I would just give them a good cleaning and enjoy wearing them while you saved money that you can use on another pair. 🤣

Thanks guys. Im going to return the flaks, but I like the Plazma (Matt black/Prizm Grey) so I might upload a few pics to check for authenticity on the other thread

I also snatched a pair of Planet X Eye jackets for 50% off, and am awaiting their arrival :)

Thanks guys. Im going to return the flaks, but I like the Plazma (Matt black/Prizm Grey) so I might upload a few pics to check for authenticity on the other thread

I also snatched a pair of Planet X Eye jackets for 50% off, and am awaiting their arrival :)
If you bought from Oakley direct why is there an authenticity concern?

If you bought from Oakley direct why is there an authenticity concern?

Because there are a cohort of people, it seems, who like to purchase cheaper knockoffs, then buy a real pair, swap them out and then keep a real pair for fake prices

Yes, this does happen.
This is why I am always weary of anything that looks any bit off at all

I normally buy all my oakleys at 30-50% off

So far I have bought

Grey Gradient Whisker €68
Prizm Black Gascan €90
Prizm Ruby Whisker €68
Prizm Black Crosshair €68
Prizm Tungsten Savitar €93

All of these were brand new in the sealed box with stickers etc, so seeing this for the first time was rather concerning

Update: the stuff on the Plazma isnt spills, it is scuffs sadly. I guess they'll be headed back with the flaks :(

Heres to hoping the eye jackets are in good shape, I bought those from a retailer so I would be doubtful if they are returns as they were in a surplus of stock until they hit discount and then moved like crazy :)

Because there are a cohort of people, it seems, who like to purchase cheaper knockoffs, then buy a real pair, swap them out and then keep a real pair for fake prices
Understood.
Didn't know this was a thing (though I'm not surprised it is).

Back