• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1 Plasma Fire

I'm excited to see the results! I picked up an XX TiO2 from ebay with the same yellowish oxidations/discolorations. my second plasma frame also has stems with the same golden/yellowish coloration.

I take back my comment earlier. It can be done after trying with a gazillion different methods. I've just restored some of my Ti & Plasma

The stuff that I use can't be bought off the shelf. It's mix of specific chemicals. It can de-yellow but it can't restore the sheen on some areas caused by heavy rubbing as seen on some Ti/Plasmas. Will upload some pics tonight as I have another yellow-ish pair that needs restoring.

The stuff that I use can't be bought off the shelf. It's mix of specific chemicals. It can de-yellow but it can't restore the sheen on some areas caused by heavy rubbing as seen on some Ti/Plasmas. Will upload some pics tonight as I have another yellow-ish pair that needs restoring.
Pics?

Sorry, got distracted with other projects running simultaneously! Here's pics for plasma 2nd gen - it's yellowed heavily and I've decided to only to de-yellow the orbitals for a gold version of TiO2 look.

Before:
before.jpg

After:
DSC_5158.jpg
DSC_5161.jpg
DSC_5170.jpg
DSC_5159.jpg

i cleaned up most of my plasma 1st gens awhile back but may have faint yellowing on 1 more frame. Need to hunt it out of storage though.

Wow!
Don't need to know how. I'm sure it's too chemical-technical for me. Just glad to know it's possible. Do you have the technique consistent? Will you make this service available?
@madhatta246

result is very consistent and this was a very rough job I did tonight, so the pics aren't the best. There may still be faint yellowing on certain parts of the orbital that can only be verified in daylight.

PM me if you need my servicing. I can also restore X-metal grey frames back to original.