• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rampant Post Whoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a million posts and every one is relevant?

Look, Im a whore
<<<---- even says so right here.

I do agree the GLWS can get a little redundant at times, especially when instead members can simply "like" the post. But that is their choice. As for reasons for posting, I don't think access to exchange threads matters that much since you still have to wait 14 days to get access. The 15 post count requirement, was to ensure that members first post wasn't in the exchange section and they get involved with the community. As for the 1500 post User Title; when that was first implemented 1500 posts was a lot! You couldn't just get to 1500 by simply posting "LOL" and "GLWS" since there weren't even that many threads. Now as the forum has grown substantially we have seen more and more members reach the milestone. Maybe it is time the requirement gets raised a little

As for resetting the post count, it is an interesting proposition. But at the end of the day it doesn't really solve the problem. The posts will still exist, and it will just create an argument between members over what is a "Meaningful" post.

I think as a community, we should all try to post a little more meaningful and helpful posts. But at times, a "LOL" is called for. In addition to making thread titles more descriptive. Instead of "Another Pair" or the like, we should try to describe the thread such as "New Pair of Kings Camo Radar".

GLWS!

Just kidding. Most noobs are necromancers for reviving dead threads. (Guilty) but I learned my lesson lol. What's also annoying are those who would join, sell their items and disappear.

Everyone is guilty of posting useless stuff sometimes. It's only natural. Like I said earlier, sometimes a "LOL" is called for.

See I did it, I broke my Cherry:tongue: Try it Bean, you might like this other side. Its fun, you can be completely mindless and still take part in all the fun. I love this place, and have made very good friends. This is all something we try to learn from, but the GLWS, and the Wow what a great combo, and Geez I like that, kind of posts are a pain. I do understand reviving a echange post for someone by doing that, that is a help, but it is obvious when someone does this to boost themselves.

I would like to see this forum not turn into an over moderated subaru forum.
Even the **** **** ass **** swear filter makes me grumble.
Personally, Id let the site be a bit less refined and develop itself. Members who do dumb ****, and start trouble find their own way out the door.

I'm not sure if it is even post-whoring, I know for sure that some people just can't keep their mouths shut and maybe this sort of activity is the E-quivalent.
Nice pair, GLWS LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back