1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

I was out Trick or Treating with my kids at a local mall yesterday and i happened to walk into the O-store to check out some of the new stuff. As i walked out, there was a guy chatting with one of the employees and he saw my 1st gen (J serial) X-metal/BI Juilets on my head. He asked me how long i've had them and promptly asked, "How much you want for them?" I smiled and said they weren't for sale, but he pushed and said he had cash on him. I again politely said they weren't for sale and thanked him as i walked away.

I kinda wished i had at least entertained an offer from him to see what he would pay, but i'm sure he would've lowballed me at $100 or something.

Anyone else ever been in this situation? What were you wearing, did they offer a decent amount, and did you take it?

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before. I did a quick search and didn't see anything. I've been MIA for a while and thought i'd try to pick it up again :)
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jdawg0240

jdawg0240 Oakley Beginner

Bahaha I have gotten asked that for several of my pairs while I am working. I work at a Vault here in Texas. I own several hard to come by artist series. Today I actually wore my all gold Shaun white Holbrook AKA "Goldbrook". The gentleman asked how much for them and just to get him to screw off I told him $1500. When I collect something, especially lately, it doesn't leave my collection because of their rarity level. He laughed at my price and I proceeded to tell him I was dead serious lol I've sold pairs in the past but I am now down to pairs that are too valuable to me to let go.
  3. Manish

Manish Oakley Collector

I have one....A few weeks ago I was at the O-store here in Novi, MI and there was this new store manager who transferred from Florida. I was flaunting the XS with Emeralds and he wanted them. He has been wanting the Xmetals since the last 3 years when he actually came to know that they existed. Cool kid!! But am not ready to part with any of my metals yet....
  4. SCOTT T

SCOTT T Oakley Beginner

I bought a pair of Penny that way when I had stopped for a soda before I went to HQ one day. Got them for my first offer of $150
  5. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

Im sure he did laugh
  6. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Once had an O store manager offer me any pair in the store for my X Squared. I told him he was nuts.
  7. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

I've offered to buy X's. Was a polished set but he wanted 500. Incomplete and not mint