• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reading This Ebay Listing Made Me Cringe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, you may want to pull the auction, simply because of how it's worded, put everything together as a final product, and then put the ebay auction up.. Someone could really take advantage of you if they had 1000 to spend and you actually sent anything. Just some advice. "Winner gets to decide" is usually frowned on ebay. And Ebay protects the buyer more than the seller. Worst case scenario someone pays you 1000, you send them glasses, they claim that they never got them cause they're not happy with it... ebay looks at the auction and says, "Uhm.... no".. and now you're out 1000 and the glasses.

Also, do you think you could do a copper penny like anodizing? That would look awesome.

Also, you may want to pull the auction, simply because of how it's worded, put everything together as a final product, and then put the ebay auction up.. Someone could really take advantage of you if they had 1000 to spend and you actually sent anything. Just some advice. "Winner gets to decide" is usually frowned on ebay. And Ebay protects the buyer more than the seller. Worst case scenario someone pays you 1000, you send them glasses, they claim that they never got them cause they're not happy with it... ebay looks at the auction and says, "Uhm.... no".. and now you're out 1000 and the glasses.

Money well spent.

If you buffed out the blue, made it dirty brown like the rest.... that would be awesome. I'd still highly suggest you drop the price at least 5-600. And hopefully your pins are an exact fit for this project. But definitely, best advice I can give is to tear down the auction now to save yourself getting screwed over by someone.

Upon further reflection, I have realized my actions tonight are totally out of line and I'd like to apologize. Thank you for making the effort to rebuild a pair of Juliets that otherwise would have been trashed.

Personally, and this is nothing against the DIYers, I'm not really fond of the colored X-Metal pairs. While they're innovative, and look cool at first, imho, the X-Metal line was made to look rough, or serious with metal. The colored metals make it look kinda cheap. Different strokes for different folks of course. That's just my opinion on the subject. And I've seen that they can be amazingly well done, maybe your camera isn't great and it does look a lot better, I can't tell. I've seen X-Man's, and his look great. Just.. not my style honestly.

Also, if you do pull the listing and relist it when you've completed the glasses, I don't recommend that you share that these were at one point covered in blood from a crime scene. As you see.. that becomes a touchy thing :p

Last edited:
This thread just made me dumber.

Wiser folks always told me not to argue with idiots; that they'd bring you down to their level and beat you based on experience. Proof

This thread just made me dumber.

Wiser folks always told me not to argue with idiots; that they'd bring you down to their level and beat you based on experience. Proof
That would be saying the idiot that likes to come and hypocritically act like an internet tough guy beat us. And I think that's not true.

Why he came here and started slinging insults I have no idea, someone probably messaged him about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back