• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Recent aquistion

platypus420

Oakley Beginner
phoenix
So yesterday my better half brings me home a pair of shades in some random box. Didn't know they were gonna be a pair of killer Oakley shades. working lost and found can be a good thing sometimes. He waited the whole 30 days, they went unclaimed so yay for me! I did some looking online and found they are a pair of vintage(how vintage I don't know) gold A-wires. With the gold iridium lenses. Very good looking shades. Only one bad thing, a big ol scratch right at the eyeline on the left side. Its cool for me tho, still some killer shades. I would like to know tho, can I get the lens replaced with some exactly the same? If so, help me out here, because I also have a pair of C-wire that have gotten a bit scratched over the years that could also use replacement lenses. Also, does the shape of the rubber ear piece mean anything? the A wires have something different than what ive seen online. see pic So heres a pic of my collection of two
20141124_111222.jpg
20141124_111333.jpg
20141124_111349.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pickup! The long earsock/hammerfin earsock is normal. I think those are 1st gen.

The Gen 2 E-wires had the hammerfin earsock as well.

Regarding the lenses, you can always get a custom cut fitted to the frame, but if you just want something to put in there, Fuse makes lenses for both the A and C wires.

Oakley replacement lenses for Oakley Sunglasses | Fuse Lenses

I've never bought any from Fuse, so i can't vouch for them, but at least you have an option.

Found a review another member did a while back on Fuse:

Fuse Lenses - Review | Oakley Forum

Might be worth taking a look just so you can get them in wearable shape.

Last edited:
Sweet deal! What kind of heartless individual just leaves their shades??? Sign of the times my friends...

Very happy then ended up in the hands of a forum member! Couldn't have found a better home!

Th373 said:
Sweet deal! What kind of heartless individual just leaves their shades??? Sign of the times my friends...

Very happy then ended up in the hands of a forum member! Couldn't have found a better home!
I agree!! I am grateful the Oakley gods have blessed me.with a wonderful prize!

Back