• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Red Ruby Lens

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
I am new to the World of Oakley's but I have a few of the Juliet's and a Penny. In Juliet's i have a carbon, plasma and xmetal, In Penny's I have a Titanium. These are the (2) frames I think I like best. I have a few lens. I think my favorite so far is a Ruby (new version) in my Xmetal Juliet's . I have been thinking about getting the Old Ruby lens or at least a custom cut of it For my first experience with this color what frame out of those 2 should I do first? IMHO the Pennie's are a tad to small for me but I think that deep red will make people say. WOOOO. Also I am kicking around getting a set of Mars and May get the red lens in that but it wouldn't be my everyday pair obviously.

What say yeee

What say yeee

With all due respect, I don't think that there is a subject or an item that has been beat to death as much as the issue of Ruby Red and shades and hues and variations.
In all likelihood, unless you walk into a pawn shop or a consignment shop and happen to find a pair of first gen ruby lenses (Penny or Juliet) you will not find one at a reasonable price (less than $300).
I'd do the Penny since you already have a Ruby Juliet.
If you were to find gen 1 ruby Juliet lenses and chop them into a Penny you might just find your house surrounded by natives with torches and pitchforks.
Mars are great but if you wear them be prepared for stares and be very careful of the c-clips and scratching the lenses during the switch process. They are not as idiot-proof as the other X metals- which aren't 100% idiot-proof either..
Best bets:
- go to an Oakley store and rummage through the Juliet lenses to find a pair of lenses that have color qualities that you like and have them chopped by a forum member like Dr Chop or Infinite Hero.
- contact either of the above for a Positive Red chop for your Pennys.
This place is crawling with LEO's BTW...

He isn't asking the same questions I was guys, take it easy now. He's just asking what pair should he put them in? I say Juliet, but i'm a bit biased lol.

He isn't asking the same questions I was guys, take it easy now
With all due respect again Jason, my post was not about you.
I don't think that there is a topic in this sub-forum that makes a dyed-in-the-wool XMetal head's eyes roll into the back of his (or her) eyes quicker than to see a thread about "WTB Blackhawk Down Red lenses" or the like.
And no offense to Lawman either. All of us here (except OakleyBoss) were noobs once.
When you've spent a little time in here you'll understand!
Lastly, WTB purple IH rubbers... :D

With all due respect again Jason, my post was not about you.
I don't think that there is a topic in this sub-forum that makes a dyed-in-the-wool XMetal head's eyes roll into the back of his (or her) eyes quicker than to see a thread about "WTB Blackhawk Down Red lenses" or the like.
And no offense to Lawman either. All of us here (except OakleyBoss) were noobs once.
When you've spent a little time in here you'll understand!
Lastly, WTB purple IH rubbers... :D
No worries bud, it just seemed like you may have been short but you apparently weren't. No offense taken! He just wasn't asking the normal ruby red question, he just wanted an opinion for his own glasses, and I wanted to make sure we were helping him out. Like you said, we were all noob's once! (especially me lol)

Thanks guys for all your input. I did rummage through the OV store and found a fairly red set from early 2011. I git them home to find they were both right side lenses. Only good color ones. Now we know why

Latest Posts

Back