• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Regular Mars or Mars craters..

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Still lookin for more guys as its been my go to frame above all else lately. Even over R1s and xx's.

I think I found a good trade on a second one but maybe someone has one they'd sell?

Managed this one from a really awesome member here.
20230927_191602.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
I am so darn jealous! I’m still hunting for Craters! 🪖👍

Username Hidden said:
I am so darn jealous! I’m still hunting for Craters! 🪖👍
I have 5 units still sealed

PM me if you are still wanting another.
Have a new Mars with bag and coin I can let go of.

Username Hidden said:
I have 5 units still sealed
As much as I'm sure those are spectacular I'd assume they'd be in the 12-1500 range? Funny you know xmetal boxes and sealed stuff never really interested me. I guess because I'd be opening them right away and using them. I'd prefer buying a used one that I can restore or make look a different way from the norm. Thank you for reaching out though. I'm super envious you've got some amazing historical stuff there.
Username Hidden said:
PM me if you are still wanting another.
Have a new Mars with bag and coin I can let go of.
I need to start a chat with you about it. I'd assume as well you'd probably want a fair penny for it.

I should really be more specific when I post a buying thread

I'd look to spend on frames without matching boxes..

600-700 for a used regular mars that needs some love. (Aqured 2 now).
750-800 for a used mars crater (beater or not)
950-1050 for a well loved jordan (which I just aquired luckily).

Since my post began I have achieved 2 of those on that list. Potentially 3 with a pending trade for some frogs. I think it's smart for me to get this done before the Muzm release.

Seeing as the 14th came quicker than I'd hoped I may be SOL for anymore. I feel the Muzm release was sort of my deadline. Maybe something amazing happens and they're not going to be the $2300 expected. I think my max would be about 1500.

Last edited:
Agree completely on the sealed thing. It’s why I’m still on the hunt as I plan to immediately start tinkering…makes no sense to have a pristine one in a box for that 🪖👍

Username Hidden said:
I have my Mars CRATER on EBay - I would love to make a deal here!
I have plenty of Oakley references.

Oakley MARS - CRATER X METAL - MINT - serial # 2399 | eBay
I really appreciate the post and the link. For a crater I'd be up for paying around 800ish-900ish depending on condition. It's actually a perfect frame for me you have listed but it's slightly out of my price range. Again though I really appreciate you reaching out.

The unfortunate part as well is I typically pay friends and family due to the fact I live in Canada and would have to have the pair declared a certain way in order not to get completely destroyed on import fees. I see here that you're not someone I've spoken to or have I seen you around posting and whatnot. I'd really like to buy something from an established member here as well..not that you're dishonest or anything but we don't know eachother and I'd be worried the entire time throughout a deal. However someone living in the US here would most certainly buy them I'm sure.

Consolation prize today maybe??? I couldn't afford the Muzm but would buy a pair of regular mars, crater or other such pair....