• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement Lenses For Magnesium M Frames?

shrimphombre

Oakley Beginner
Well, I've had my Mag M frames for almost 10 years now and the original lenses finally broke. I have been pretty rough with them over the years, and am just now realizing how lucky I was to have them last that long. I am also just now realizing that replacement lenses are very difficult, if not impossible to come by. I talked to Oakley customer service, and after going through 3 reps before finding one that knew what the mag M frames were, was only offered the 25% "upgrade" discount for a new pair of M frames :angry:. Does anybody have a lead on some replacement lenses for a poor soul that loves his mag M frames? I've tried every lead so far including ebay and contacting Dr. Chop, who said he has tried several times to recreate the lenses to no avail (they always pop out). If anyone could hook me up with some new leads on these lenses, it would be greatly appreciated!

Well honestly, I'm open to anything. I love these sunglasses, but if I can't source the lenses then they're no use to me. I'm not a collector that would hold on to them for nostalgia, but I do have several pairs of oakleys. I thought that maybe someone on this board would have hoarded these lenses before they were discontinued and would be willing to sell me a set.

Here's some pictures just so we're clear of what I'm talking about. The lenses split in half right down the middle.
IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

Hahahaaa... Yeah me too when I PM'ed him and offered $10 more than you did....

I didn't PM an offer. I'm only circling overhead, not going down to the carrion and poking it.

Well honestly, I'm open to anything. I love these sunglasses, but if I can't source the lenses then they're no use to me. I'm not a collector that would hold on to them for nostalgia, but I do have several pairs of oakleys. I thought that maybe someone on this board would have hoarded these lenses before they were discontinued and would be willing to sell me a set.

I wish. The people that do that kind of hoarding don't let things go easily. I'm trying to get my first Mag pair since I'm a bit of an M Frame fan. My goal is to have 1 of every M Frame. I just need a Gen1, Slash, and Mag, and then the 3.0 when it gets released. So really that means I have a Pro, Gen2, 'New', and 2.0 is all.

There are a couple Mag pairs selling on eBay right now, but they're a few hundred bucks.

Damn, just saw your pics. That's a shame!

I have a few dead Strike lenses if you want to try your hand at modifying a standard lens to fit. I'm not very familiar with how the Mag lenses attach and what the differences are though.

And I'd be VERY interested in the frame if you want to let it go! I may have a few standard M Frame options to trade.

Yea I thought some vented strike lenses might fit somehow, but Dr. Chop assured me that he has tried numerous times with failure. The lenses plug into 3 small holes in the frame, then there are 2 screws that tighten them down. Not exactly sure how it works though since obviously the lenses have never been replaced. It is definitely more permanent and complicated than the standard current M frames though. I'll keep everyone posted on what I find/decide to do, but I mostly wanted to get in touch with this community to see if there were any other options I hadn't thought of. By just having this thread up maybe someone will chime in, who knows.

Back