• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Revant Elite Juliet lenses - initial impression

Yeah I'm eager to get some extended time with them. I will say that clarity seemed superb this afternoon and contrast in the snowy conditions seemed good.

Interesting idea. I don't believe this should be necessary though. The OEM Ducati lenses were snug and the frames are in great condition so they should be tight if the lens is good.
There is definitely variability even among OEM lenses. That frame of mine I referenced, the OEM fire lenses it had fit perfectly, the OEM ice polars I put in were the issue, and at that, the right was fine, the left was slightly loose. Recently had a VR 28 BIP, right lens was fine, left lens was too big! Couldn't get the orbital closed at all! Lens had to be trimmed to get it to fit. So far I've only used OEM lenses in all my frames, there is most definitely some variability.

There is definitely variability even among OEM lenses. That frame of mine I referenced, the OEM fire lenses it had fit perfectly, the OEM ice polars I put in were the issue, and at that, the right was fine, the left was slightly loose. Recently had a VR 28 BIP, right lens was fine, left lens was too big! Couldn't get the orbital closed at all! Lens had to be trimmed to get it to fit. So far I've only used OEM lenses in all my frames, there is most definitely some variability.
Well that's interesting info. It occurred to me I should try them in a different frame to see how the fit is in different pairs.

Without putting together a full review yet (lack of time right now and on my phone could be tedious) i will say yes mine showed up with a small chip and yes @RevantOptics took care of me where they did not have too (these lenses were given to us to test/try out). Kevin has been more than superb in answering my emails and swiftly taking care of me. Great customer service goes a long way for me.

Mine fit superbly and having wore them all day 8 hours i suffered no headache and the optic quality seemed very good. As for the chip...I've also received lenses from Oakley with chips near the bottom as well. Heck I've pulled some out of their boxes at Vaults with Knicks so let's not bash Revant because a few pair made it out the door like this because O has done the same. To me it's all how customer service handles your business after the sale that matters. Let's face it most business let inferior products out the door at one time or another, the good ones correct the issue and keep the end user happy.

Well that's interesting info. It occurred to me I should try them in a different frame to see how the fit is in different pairs.
I'm not saying its not the lenses, it sure could be man, I have lenses and frames that have both been the issue... Metals are just quirky like that I guess... Thanks for posting your review! I'm excited to try these out!

Without putting together a full review yet (lack of time right now and on my phone could be tedious) i will say yes mine showed up with a small chip and yes @RevantOptics took care of me where they did not have too (these lenses were given to us to test/try out). Kevin has been more than superb in answering my emails and swiftly taking care of me. Great customer service goes a long way for me.

Mine fit superbly and having wore them all day 8 hours i suffered no headache and the optic quality seemed very good. As for the chip...I've also received lenses from Oakley with chips near the bottom as well. Heck I've pulled some out of their boxes at Vaults with Knicks so let's not bash Revant because a few pair made it out the door like this because O has done the same. To me it's all how customer service handles your business after the sale that matters. Let's face it most business let inferior products out the door at one time or another, the good ones correct the issue and keep the end user happy.
Completely agree. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to mine being an outlier. When you're dealing with high volume production a few odd ones are bound to slip through. Kevin has already PM'd me and we've got it worked out, which yes is above and beyond considering they were a free sample. Superb customer service like that instills great confidence in their brand.

I'm not saying its not the lenses, it sure could be man, I have lenses and frames that have both been the issue... Metals are just quirky like that I guess... Thanks for posting your review! I'm excited to try these out!
Yeah I get ya. I just figure trying them in another frame will supply extra information and feedback. I've got them so why not right?

Nice review.

I think the Juliets are so far the only ones reported of the HC3 Elites not fitting so right. I wouldn't want to get overly critical, but I noticed it's the main aspect where their regular lenses yield any complaints. It'd be a big statement if they rid themselves of that problem, even if it's just for the HC3 Elite line. Nonetheless, looking back at other posts and reviews, Revant's CS has always appeared very active, just as Kevin does now.

Swapped them into some plasma frames to double check fit and same problem. I think it's safe to say it's just a bad cut. Kevin has a new set on its way and I'll be sending these back so they can check them out.

It's a nice sunny day so I'm getting some time with them and I've gotta say I'm digging them. Clarity is great and not noticing any distortion. I'll use them through the weekend and report back.
image.jpg

Great review although an OEM guy like myself would not mind testing one.
They're pretty good not gonna lie. I mean, I'm as pro OEM as the next guy, but sometimes aftermarket is the only option for out of production lenses or colors for those custom combos, so some good quality 3rd party lenses are always good to have around. Options!

They're pretty good not gonna lie. I mean, I'm as pro OEM as the next guy, but sometimes aftermarket is the only option for out of production lenses or colors for those custom combos, so some good quality 3rd party lenses are always good to have around. Options!
Agreed no question about it.

Latest Posts

Back