• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo black lens question

Here are a couple macro shots for comparison...

Jordan

704f3617f4898a5e20e95b2caebcaf56.jpg

269376daab7e9d0556ca0378f97f0897.jpg

Later style
ce1ab34166db05f51764e1e1015c5cc6.jpg

Seems like even the font used in the etched text was refined as production evolved.

Did someone once say; 'Everything can and will be made better'....

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

Really useful post.
It's not just Jordans but early first gens that have that early style font....

Yes, the Jordan and first gen letters appear to be upright whereas later lenses appear to be more italicized. Also the length of the two strokes in X is longer in early gens.

Can anyone confirm my observations?
indeed and size of real jordan lenses are smaller

Thank you for being faster then me regarding this topic :))

A few months ago I prepared a couple of compares regarding special editions of R1 MJ, early, mid and last serials...
...Roughness finishings and smooth finishings, angles and round frames, lenses shapes, skull size, top screws used, etc.....There are many differences between MJ frames and also mj frames with the rest of other r1 frames....but overall in my opinion and experience, in all frames, it's a matter of production time/design/retouches for quality/ etc etc...

I am curious of Jim Jannard opinion regarding this iconic and unique frame design Romeo 1 vs Romeo 1 Jordan edition :)

Talk soon,
Regards, Cody

No sunglasses will ever "be made better" than the original Oakley X-metals. :cool-20:
The current design team believes it can be improved by mixing metal or CF dust into the plastic frames to make composite materials. While that may be true for high performance transport vehicles like the Boeing 777 Dreamliner, it's just not the same for a piece of sunglasses (aka jewellery) to end up looking and feeling like plastic... composite or otherwise.

Here are a couple macro shots for comparison...

Jordan

View attachment 263349
View attachment 263350

Later style
View attachment 263351

Seems like even the font used in the etched text was refined as production evolved.

Did someone once say; 'Everything can and will be made better'....

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

So here's a very niche question.

Is it possible that some of the later Jordans, while having the Jordan style XMetal font, also have the lens 'dimple' seen in post-Jordan lenses?
I've heard there was variation even within the Jordan 9,999 with some later ones having the dimple lens design.

Any Jordan experts able to weigh in on this?

Latest Posts

Back