1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

Saw this listed on the O-Review Serial list as RY######.....whats the story behind this X-Metal/Ice Juliet?

RVF got any info?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

This is something I have tried to find facts about for a long time without success. Lets consider some points. A Ryan Arbabi google search does not seem to pinpoint someone who Oakley would typically associate themselves with in connection with a signature piece, and there does not appear to be anyone within the collecting fraternity who has a pair. Consider also the handful of factory produced X Metals that were not released, none have serial numbers, examples include; Penny-Carbon-+Red, Romeo-Copper-Black, & Romeo-Polished Black Chrome-Black. I therefore question, if Oakley made a Juliet for Mr Ryan Arbabi, why not just pair an X Metal with Ice which seems to be the item up for discussion? Why issue a RY###### serial and then give him the pair as a one off? Did Oakley serial personal pairs they made for Montoya or Ichiro? I doubt it. Taking everything into consideration, there is no evidence I have seen that suggests a Ryan Arbabi Juliet exists, and all logic seems to suggest that it does not. The irony is that even if there is a pair, would it be much of a big deal anyway? No box, label, paperwork, coin, in fact you could get an X Metal frame, install an ice lens, give it an older microbag and the only thing missing is just the serial, which presumably would be RY000001.

3. TOWSNBN

TOWSNBN Oakley Beginner

it exists. a picture was posted on o review near when it first started. ryan arbabi is not a celebrity or anything like that. he is just a collector like all of us. no body really knows the story behind it. some of us think he just knows someone at oakley that did a one off for him.

4. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

Thanks both RVF and T!......I'd like to see the pic...especially the RY###### serial on the arm.....seems alot of the pics on the O-Review I cannot see.....most don't load....Dann said they were hacked a few years back and thats why......

5. TOWSNBN

TOWSNBN Oakley Beginner

yea the hackin took away a lot of pictures. i do not think many have it anymore.

6. NUMBER 2

NUMBER 2 Oakley Collector

i have no idea about this.

7. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

oreview was hacked? What happened?