• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scratched lenses

Rob1010

Oakley Beginner
I have used Oakley sunglasses for probably close to 20 years. I have always liked the fit and styles.

However, there is 1 thing that I cannot stand, and that is what seems to be the extreme ease with witch they seem to scratch. I am posting now, because my fairly new half jacket 2.0 iridium lense is scratched. And like always, right in the direct line of sight.

I always get the polarized lenses with the iridium coating. I have been thru dozens of replacement lenses over the years. All because they scratch so easily and it gives me a headache to look thru a lense with scratches.

So, what is the most scratch resistant half jacket 2.0 lense?

And I do take care of my glasses, but I am also a very active person. These are sun glasses and should have a bit better durability than fine china. :)

Lenses are gonna scratch, iridium or not, and none are more scratch resistant than others.
Unless of course you take out a bank loan for custom glass/crystal lenses...
Agreed.

It's like buying a car that you know you're gonna drive 85MPH everyday for 20 minutes at a time and getting pissed when you have bugs on the front of it.

Can anyone help me choose a car that's not so prone to getting splattered with bugs?;)

Iridium scratches very easily and more so for fire and ruby lenses. If you want scratch resistant then get non iridium polar lenses such as vr28, grey, or bronze

Back