1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rob1010

Rob1010 Oakley Beginner

I have used Oakley sunglasses for probably close to 20 years. I have always liked the fit and styles.

However, there is 1 thing that I cannot stand, and that is what seems to be the extreme ease with witch they seem to scratch. I am posting now, because my fairly new half jacket 2.0 iridium lense is scratched. And like always, right in the direct line of sight.

I always get the polarized lenses with the iridium coating. I have been thru dozens of replacement lenses over the years. All because they scratch so easily and it gives me a headache to look thru a lense with scratches.

So, what is the most scratch resistant half jacket 2.0 lense?

And I do take care of my glasses, but I am also a very active person. These are sun glasses and should have a bit better durability than fine china. :)

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Elvin Foo

Elvin Foo Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Get those without iridium.. Like grey lenses.

Pierre Naude and OakleyFrankFMJ like this.
  3. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

Lenses are gonna scratch, iridium or not, and none are more scratch resistant than others.
    Unless of course you take out a bank loan for custom glass/crystal lenses...

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  4. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Agreed.

It's like buying a car that you know you're gonna drive 85MPH everyday for 20 minutes at a time and getting pissed when you have bugs on the front of it.

Can anyone help me choose a car that's not so prone to getting splattered with bugs?;)

5. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

A Chevy Nova in Havana?

Cuz.... Y'know ....

No ... Va!

:behindsofa:

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  6. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

Iridium scratches very easily and more so for fire and ruby lenses. If you want scratch resistant then get non iridium polar lenses such as vr28, grey, or bronze

7. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

-snerk-