1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

2011 Oakley Forum Secret Santa sunglass exchange

Here's how it works. If you would like to participate in this anonymous exchange, this is how it will work.

1) Don't post in this thread (unless you aren't signing up)
    2) To sign up, PM me. We will collect addresses after we get the full list.
    3) Open to sign up until 11/18/2011
    4) Sunglasses must be valued around $100-$150 (we are all a good judge of this so please be fair)
    5) Sunglasses must be in good condition (again, we are all collectors and know what this means)
    6) Once names and addresses are collected another member and I will mix them up and randomly draw
    7) Members will be PM'd with the address they are sending their glasses to
    8) If there are international members, we will match you up with another international member
    9) If there are female members, we will match you up with another female member (to allow like to like style matching)
    10) From there once everyone receives their glasses we will have a reveal thread to show what everyone got!

This should be a lot of fun! I hope we get a dozen people or more to sign up!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Batwolf

First post updated with all rules and info.

3. Batwolf

Only one person signed up so far? Come on guys!

4. walkerhonda243

walkerhonda243 Oakley Enthusiast

What happened to everybody who thought this was a good idea lol

5. Batwolf

I have 3 people (in addition to me and walker) signed up so far.

6. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Its a great idea I would sign up for.....if it wasn't for the fact my lowest value piece in the collection was worth $250. Well...and every piece being discontinued or one of a kind. I also think more people would jump in if we could do match ups between people with potentially equal taste..so maybe have each person submit style likes in the price range (like...Monster Dog, Straight Jacket, Batwolf, Flak Jacket etc vs. Scalpel, Pit Bull, Probation etc)

7. Batwolf

Should we have people throw in suggestions of their like for general styles and then match people based on that?

The only problem is that say I match 2 people up that like Fuel Cells but only one person has a Fuel Cell they could actually trade or give.

8. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

I'm thinking generally....not model for model...I'm thinking if someone likes a Gascan they would like a Fuel Cell a Batwolf they would like an Oil Rig. Might be near impossible but I would think most people know what they have to give and might want....seeing a style preference/taste could provide at least a small amount of matching

9. Batwolf

I'll ask for frame preferences then when I collect addresses. That way I can at least try to please everyone.

10. sander

sander Oakley Enthusiast

What if I have two pieces?? And if I'm unsure about value??