1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

On the Orbital, Titanium, Stealth, and Metal tees ...

Sure its a nice thought, but do we care? Its not like Oakley has not done this many times before, its not 'special'.

Did anyone buy one because of this? Should they have done something more to advertise them as no two being alike (per the stickers found on some of them)

Should we start a registry? (ICYGAS... I'm kidding)

Last edited: 12/4/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

I did not no they were serialized! I got them for the look and comfort

3. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

"All Garments are UNIQUE"
    " No two are exactly the same"

Based on the design I have to think the tag with the 8 digit number is the "UNIQUE" part. The tag is on the lower inner portion of the shirt next to the care & feeding tag. The first four digits appear to be the style and the last four the unique identifier.

4. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

I'll have to check that out when I get home

5. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Maybe the factory in Guatemala that made them had a quality control problem, no two exactly the same, and they're trying to turn a "bug" into a "feature"...

CarGuy likes this.
  6. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

If the last four digits is the unique identifies that implies a production run of 9999 or less. They are supposed to be limited edition...

7. Patient_Cero

Patient_Cero Oakley Collector

The last digits are typically reference to color/design/size in such configurations, just depends on the manufacturer how their code is set. HIGHLY unlikely the shirts are serialized in the traditional sense of collectability, beyond the pattern and colorway itself.

8. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

The ones I saw on the rack in the store... the first 4 digits, the 'xxxx' in 'xxxxyyyy' were the same for said style and size. The 'yyyy' was different on each... also consider the sticker I noted earlier in the thread that each was UNIQUE.

9. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

The Metal t-shirts are made in Nicaragua and there's a number on the back of the tag on all Oakley t-shirts.

10. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

...not nearly all, but many - I have quite a few that do not have those tags.

Hopefully we've established that by now - this has happened before, will happen again, and is not that special.

Can anyone speak to the sticker on these that says:
    "All Garments are UNIQUE" ### CaSe SenSitiVe =]
    " No two are exactly the same"​

Its a black sticker with white/grey letters...

So what gives?

I generally don't quote myself but I think most are missing the points and questions here.