• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

'Serials' on 2014 Holiday Tees

MJLSr

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
On the Orbital, Titanium, Stealth, and Metal tees ...

Sure its a nice thought, but do we care? Its not like Oakley has not done this many times before, its not 'special'.

Did anyone buy one because of this? Should they have done something more to advertise them as no two being alike (per the stickers found on some of them)

Should we start a registry? (ICYGAS... I'm kidding)

Last edited:
"All Garments are UNIQUE"
" No two are exactly the same"

Based on the design I have to think the tag with the 8 digit number is the "UNIQUE" part. The tag is on the lower inner portion of the shirt next to the care & feeding tag. The first four digits appear to be the style and the last four the unique identifier.

Maybe the factory in Guatemala that made them had a quality control problem, no two exactly the same, and they're trying to turn a "bug" into a "feature"...

If the last four digits is the unique identifies that implies a production run of 9999 or less. They are supposed to be limited edition...

"All Garments are UNIQUE"
" No two are exactly the same"

Based on the design I have to think the tag with the 8 digit number is the "UNIQUE" part. The tag is on the lower inner portion of the shirt next to the care & feeding tag. The first four digits appear to be the style and the last four the unique identifier.
The last digits are typically reference to color/design/size in such configurations, just depends on the manufacturer how their code is set. HIGHLY unlikely the shirts are serialized in the traditional sense of collectability, beyond the pattern and colorway itself.

The ones I saw on the rack in the store... the first 4 digits, the 'xxxx' in 'xxxxyyyy' were the same for said style and size. The 'yyyy' was different on each... also consider the sticker I noted earlier in the thread that each was UNIQUE.

all Oakley t-shirts
...not nearly all, but many - I have quite a few that do not have those tags.

Its not like Oakley has not done this many times before, its not 'special'.
Hopefully we've established that by now - this has happened before, will happen again, and is not that special.

Can anyone speak to the sticker on these that says:
"All Garments are UNIQUE" ### CaSe SenSitiVe =]
" No two are exactly the same"​

Its a black sticker with white/grey letters...

Should they have done something more to advertise them as no two being alike (per the stickers found on some of them)

So what gives?

I generally don't quote myself but I think most are missing the points and questions here.

Back