• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shipping from USA to Europe costs

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Ive been told that it’s expensive for people in Europe to ship stuff to USA, I guess certain taxes you have over there. But does it also go for shipping stuff from USA to Europe? What I’m really asking is if a buyer, for my Mars Jordan’s, was in Germany, would I have to pay unexpected taxes/fees? If so how would I find out that info. Thanks.

Typically I have found it to be the opposite : cheaper and faster shipping FROM Europe and other parts of the world to the US than from the US outbound.

There is a page at the US customs website that lists all the different duties items pay. There is a certain amount that is exempt in some goods. In the end through many purchases here in the forum, eBay and other vendors for bike parts and glasses I think I have only been dinged on duties twice. Both of those when getting items via other carrier than USPS.

There are several factors including what is outlined in the customs form that will affect if and how much you get dinged.

You no need pay any taxes in customs if send USA to Germany, the expensive is put total insurance but is necessary, tracking number and total insurance in usps is my recommendation or use dhl if don’t have problems with the money, is more expensive but is better to Germany

You no need pay any taxes in customs if send USA to Germany, the expensive is put total insurance but is necessary, tracking number and total insurance in usps is my recommendation or use dhl if don’t have problems with the money, is more expensive but is better to Germany
Thanks, I’ll give DHL a looking too.

Ive been told that it’s expensive for people in Europe to ship stuff to USA, I guess certain taxes you have over there. But does it also go for shipping stuff from USA to Europe? What I’m really asking is if a buyer, for my Mars Jordan’s, was in Germany, would I have to pay unexpected taxes/fees? If so how would I find out that info. Thanks.

No taxes for you. The recipient might have to pay tax, depending on which country and value of the items. Sending from here in Europe to the US is pretty reasonable unless you want insurance and tracking and then it gets expensive pretty fast.

No taxes for you.
Exactly that, it’s the buyer that might get hit with additional charges, rather than you as the seller. Worth being up front about that if the buyer is not experienced with buying from the US, to avoid any difficulties later on.

And if you think shipping to Europe from the US is expensive, you should see what it costs from Canada! Right @Lexkempo ?

When you live in Poland for example, every item worth more than I believe 50$ (that includes shipping) will be held on customs. I need to go there show them a PP invoice or somethin to back up the value. If I haven' got one they'll calculate the tax basing on the value on the package and shipping cost (both are present on US packages). You as a seller haven't got any headache regarding additional costs, I'm the one who has to flip and twist to figure out how to avoid endorsing my local vultures.

Exactly that, it’s the buyer that might get hit with additional charges, rather than you as the seller. Worth being up front about that if the buyer is not experienced with buying from the US, to avoid any difficulties later on.

And if you think shipping to Europe from the US is expensive, you should see what it costs from Canada! Right @Lexkempo ?
FML... I still can’t believe you paid for all that shipping and VAT...

When shipping to the USA most import taxes have already been paid on the outbound leg, so coming back to the US is usually cheaper when it comes to customs costs. Shipping from US to other countries is usually more expensive. When I order from the US people sometimes pay 60$ just for shipping it.

Shipping sunglasses is like $15-20,- to Norway
If the value of the item is more than $45,- including shipping i have to pay 25% VAT on top of the total amount.
Let say i buy XX for $ 380,- + $ 20,- for shipping
It will be like $ 380,- + $ 20,- + $ 100,- = $ 500,-

Back