• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Short review of Oakley 40 Year Anniversary Book by Assouline

I have a question if anyone has this book and flipped through all the pages.

Does it actually give a history of all the models and colorways up to the release of the book?

For instance, does it list all the Gen 1 M Frames, Gen 2 M Frames, all the color frames and lens options for m frames?

If not, does anyone know a book that goes into this level of detail?

I'd also settle for a webpage that lists the above.

I have a question if anyone has this book and flipped through all the pages.

Does it actually give a history of all the models and colorways up to the release of the book?

For instance, does it list all the Gen 1 M Frames, Gen 2 M Frames, all the color frames and lens options for m frames?

If not, does anyone know a book that goes into this level of detail?

I'd also settle for a webpage that lists the above.
Try o-review.com or go here 🦘“Who Ya Gonna Call?” Nominate Someone Who Knows Stuff!! and contact @neill

Just received my copy today....2+ years after it was released.

220 pages of luxurious glossy pages with 200 illustrations.

RRP was $195, but you can get them much much much cheaper (try <$30), even though it was a limited print run (like all books!!!!).

The book and protective case is coated in a very nice feeling rubbery material. The Oakley badge on the case is actually metallic!

The whole thing oozes quality, which is what you expect from Assouline.

Weighs a ton!

I feel like buying another book just to cannabalize the pictures to go with some of the sunglasses that are featured!!

The photos are magnificent.

If you haven't got it, I'd highly recommend getting a copy!

I wouldn't have considered buying it at retail pricing if I just saw it advertised on the website, but now that I'm holding it in my hand, I have to say, it's well worth even the retail price!!!

View attachment 329463 View attachment 329466 View attachment 329468 View attachment 329470 View attachment 329472 View attachment 329474 View attachment 329476 View attachment 329480
Thanks for the awesome review!

Back