• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should I Do This To My Car?

I have been doing vehicle mods and racing since the early 90's I highly doubt that a "full" windshield removal will be allowed in any state. However a "modified" one will be. Similar to Chip Foose's Ford "Speedbird"

e2u3y2yj.jpg

behybe5y.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking. I actually have spent a few days looking for a company that manufacturers those Lexan racing windows. I remember that build, I love that car. Always been a fan of his work. Only other idea I had was keeping maybe just 12" of the A pillars and having a windshield cut down in height before it is tempered.

It actually already has Chrome hips right now above each headrest. It'd be nice to somehow integrate hidden pop up ones like in the Audi TT.

Like I said, I have done racing and vehicle modding for a long time. I would consider steering clear of this as there are a few manufacturers that do have this and the extensive testing that has gone into it and the integration into the vehicle. Your life is not worth an error in "looking cool" There are a few members that have seen my import vehicle, safety is my number one factor I always consider.

Exactly what I was thinking. I actually have spent a few days looking for a company that manufacturers those Lexan racing windows. I remember that build, I love that car. Always been a fan of his work. Only other idea I had was keeping maybe just 12" of the A pillars and having a windshield cut down in height before it is tempered.

Thats not Lexan.... It was a full custom made tempered glass windshield...

Yeah, I know that is not Lexan. I remember seeing the build on it. I am referring to the small Lexan wind screens used on vintage racers. I used to do this with my MGB and plenty of the guys had the Lexan wind screens. I'm either considering doing this for a one off look or going the route of a Beck 550 Spyder.

I long time ago I assisted in the making of a full time "Cali-Convertable" p/u No rear glass, no windows at all to roll up, and a half front windshield to meet the DOT windshield height. The A pillars were kept and modified to meet the height of the windshield. The truck was incredible when it was completed. Though it could not be driven in inclement weather, a custom cover was fabricated just to cover it when not being driven. I have been to MANY auto shows, and seen mods that were beyond crazy, nothing is impossible especially if you have the right bunch of designers.

Yeah, I know that is not Lexan. I remember seeing the build on it. I am referring to the small Lexan wind screens used on vintage racers. I used to do this with my MGB and plenty of the guys had the Lexan wind screens. I'm either considering doing this for a one off look or going the route of a Beck 550 Spyder.[/quote
Ive always been into car mooring. This was my Monocraft GT300 from about 11 years ago. #97 of 100.

MR2 Spyder Photos by business-spice | Photobucket

Very Nice.....

It was a more younger version of the old man I am now, lol. I don't like the new stuff. More of a vintage European racer guy now, 50's & 60's Porsches and Ferraris but without a million to spend on something like a 750 Monza. So the Beck 550 has been calling my name for quite some time. Btw, this car gets driven maybe one a month is all now. Just picked it up as a cheap toy

Latest Posts

Back