• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should I Or Should I Not.

Fully scuffed, and ready for quick wash and alcohol bath, before I wire up the main frame and shoot the paint.

fully_scuffed_2.jpg

Second image with the frame flipped.

fully_scuffed_3.jpg

Essential part of any good DIY project. Ice Cream Break!
Dutch Chocolate, Cookies and Cream with Chocolate Syrup and Milk FTW!

Only way this is better is in a milkshake IMHO.

ice_cream_break.jpg

Maybe I shoot the paint tonight maybe I don't we shall see.

Thanks for viewing all.

dude great idea, just add some pinstripes in Green, then Clear over the lot. it'll be very Muscle-car chop-shop esque. sick.

Naaaa I want to see the green on the whole frame, if its a fail maybe ill attempt the pinstripe green, best thing about doing something like this, you can shoot in the dark and just start over if you screw up.

So for about 30 minutes I lost an Icon. Now that that is over I can upload a picture of the true color before the clear, I'm having a hard time deciding matte clear vs gloss clear, I think the matte would really make this color pop more than gloss. That is a decision I will make after I sleep.

Here is the frame/orbitals.

painted.jpg

Here is the left leg

left_painted.jpg

Here is the right leg

right_painted.jpg

This is before clear, keeping with the step by step. I plan to let them cure and see how they do before I choose to clear them or not, and matte clear vs gloss clear.

YOU LIKE BriP? I really love how that color came out, should pop like a speaker from the 80's in the sun. Really quite happy so far, Ill be honest I FREAKED THE F OUT when I lost an Icon for about 40 minutes. Somehow by magic I found it. I think the warm grey lenses and gunmetal icons will be very fitting with these. One of the lenses has a decent scratch on it but you sure do have to be close to see it. I'm already quite happy with the results. Clear of some kind to happen tomorrow.

We speaking of the Lambo? Lime green is the real deal for Lamborghini's IMHO. No red, no yellow, no blue, maybe black but lime green just screams Lamborghini, Should this become the name of this pair? Lime Green Lamborghini Gas Can S?

We speaking of the Lambo? Lime green is the real deal for Lamborghini's IMHO. No red, no yellow, no blue, maybe black but lime green just screams Lamborghini, Should this become the name of this pair? Lime Green Lamborghini Gas Can S?

yup the little Urraco P250S. yellow and red is overdone. ive got it a midnight blue right now but its almost 20 year old paint and its gonna get stripped anyhow.. gonna go back to the basics.. Lambo's standards of basicas anyway LOL.

sure, call it the Lambo green Gascan S.. lambo was always a fan of putting an "S" after their models to represent "Spinto" or "tuned" and "V" for "veloce" or "speed". And modding's tuning LOL.

Here they are complete, No issues getting the lenses in, and passes my flex test on the legs, no chipping issues to report as of yet.

I'm quite happy with the end result and the matte finish they look to be a factory pair. Some imperfections here and there but nothing an average person will notice, and nothing I notice unless I'm looking for it.

BEHOLD
Matte Lime Geen Lamborghini Gas Can S.

finished_on_the_desk.jpg

On my mug.

finished_front.jpg

Slightly Different angle on my mug.

finished.jpg

If its sunny tomorrow I will have outside pictures to follow up these.
This green came out so nice, and the matte finish really sets them off IMHO. :big_boss:

Thoughts?

Latest Posts

Back