• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show Us Your Custom Oakleys!

thanks! do you use them for golf too? the guy tried to convince me to get the polarized for ANYTHING outdoors. i told him i played with polarized on the course before and didn't like them, wasn't able to read the greens and fairways right. i love the combo, i almost got the normal polished black but wanted something different since my TwoFace frame is polish black. i've also seen them on matte white and it looks really clean, i may have to find that frame later down the road.

No, I'm not a golfer. I initially came to own a set of G30's when I needed an original HJ frame and they were th cheapest lenses to pair them with. Fell in love with the contrast immediately for overcast days. IMO, polarizing the G30 takes away their utility. i prefer Gold Iridium Polarized for a bright day when I'm in the mood for a contrast lens.

CustomFuelCell.jpg

Ancient thread, I know. After liking the look of Fernando Alonso's black Oakleys with purple icons, I decided to retro-fit some Fuel Cells I've had for a while. I couldn't find any icons like this for sale, so decided to break out some craft skills. I picked up some good tips from this thread, like avoiding paint. I'd have preferred the purple a little darker, but I don't think anyone could tell these were home made.

Retina Burn Jawbone with polished white jaws, Violet Iridium vented lenses, purple icons and rubbers (from Infinite Hero Split Jacket).
Retina-Violet Jawbone-2.jpg

Infinite Hero Split Jacket frame with Positive Red polarized lenses, red bolts, icons and rubbers.
IH Violet & Positive Red polarized.jpg

Clear radarlock with blue accents, icons and ice lens via Dr Chop.

16725956113_2fb1f00770_b.jpg

Custom green Fast Jacket with XLJ Fire via Dr Chop.

11841781113_3cf3b8bf61_b.jpg

Original OCP Jawbones in Polished White with matte white jaw and original non vented Fire lens.

5803629704_f6eb993829_b.jpg

Original '90s purchased Sub Zero #6 Planet X lens with arms from #2 Fingerprint. Original arm got snapped after mountain biking and Fingerprint had notorious crack above nose bridge so I made the best of the situation.

5803073047_b4bcf356b3_b.jpg

Back